Jenna Lou is off-line
15 June 2011 14:16
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Hi all.

I'm a bit tired of looking so pasty and pale. And as the sun is coming out (sometimes at least!) I'm thinking about using a moisturiser than has a hint of self tan.

Just wondering if anyone has tried these types of moisturisers and which one would you recommend (if any)?

I have had spray tans in the past but I am not a fan. 

Thanks,

Jenna x

15 June 2011 14:22
StevePitman
Photographer

i used to do a like of cycling and used this type of product and the end of a ride, too massage the leg and to add colour.

tip dont use it every day as you will go orange. use it once every three days.

they work well i used the boots own brand

i hope that helps.

15 June 2011 14:29
River
Model

Palmers cocoa butter with self tan is lovely- but dont use it every day for the same reason as steve has said. Plus it smells more like chocolate then self tan, and it doesnt streak as much as most, its pretty flawless if you work it in well!
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

15 June 2011 14:33
rattusratus
Model

i used them i think it was dove gradual tan i used, there not bad its a light tan that dosnt make you orange, but you cant see where it is so its very easy to become streaky, i took about 12 hours to develop so i would apply before bed but it did wash off in water so i wouldnt wear it in the rain
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Jenna Lou is off-line
15 June 2011 14:35
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Thank you

I have seen the Palmers one advertised and I love that moisturiser as it smells gorgeous! So now they've brought ot a gradual self tan one, all the better.

15 June 2011 14:39
River
Model

Its definatly the best one Ive tried- all of the others seem so orange. And also it doesnt fade off in patches, it comes off quite gradually.
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

15 June 2011 15:31
Poppy_
Model

Dove or johnsons holiday skin.
They do stuff for your face as well, what I do is put it on my skin when im out in the sun so it develops naturally with a tan.

Jenna Lou is off-line
15 June 2011 15:33
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

Thanks Poppy. That's a good tip but if I sit out in the sun, I turn red like a beetroot! Sun + me = not a good look lol

Baybee is off-lineSilver Member
17 June 2011 11:21
AndreyaW
Model
AndreyaW
Dorset
Bournemouth

Hey ya I Use Garnier Summber Body Moisturiser once a week. Keeps the tan looking healthy all week.
I do advice exfoliating the body before appyling and once it has worn off to get it all off for the next application. It doesnt smell bad providing u dont get it near under arm pits :-D

17 June 2011 12:15
Vas
Model

I've tried the Johnsons - you have to be really thorough though, otherwise you end up with funny patches near your toes etc.

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore chosin fashion29 Jessicaliu1993 missminiskirt pinklilly Winterlilly
63jian cliffc couchestudio davidd200 dougharding edwards Essexjohn flair_photography gshocker30 Impulse_Images James7799 Kjoservices MIB modelboutique photomart rscott360 Scottda steeee212 steveh32 thelook westend_portfolios