Reminder Secure

Casting Calls could be more targetted ??

Anthonygh is off-line
15 June 2011 06:21
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

This is probably a big ask, but I think a casting call facility whereby the person making the call can direct casting calls at members wanting that kind of work would be a useful feature.

For example, if I wanted to do are nude with a model, it would be useful if models who do art nude would be automatically made aware of a casting call from me offering that shoot. Better still if the casting could be targetted, so I could pick, for example, age, height, distance away, etc etc. and those particular models would receive notification...and ideally to their email addresses.

I haven't explained it properly, but I think the gist of what I am proposing is obvious. It would probably require a tick box solution; the photographer making the casting ticks the desired parameters, and models who's profiles match receive the notification. Same with models looking for photographers.

This wouldn't stop the casting being generally available to view as now, so models with different attributes could still apply.

Personally, I think this would me a major improvement, and would probably bring a more professional element to the site.

Comments anyone!?

Quane is off-line
15 June 2011 06:30
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

I can see the advantage of specifying levels and basic attributes but it should still be down to the model (or photographer if the other way around) to choose what they want to subscribe to see. Don't know whether it'd make the casting process too complicated. Of course if you have very specific requirements the search mechanism works well and if you do have specific requirements it's probably a better tool than hoping that your ideal model has subscribed to the castings.
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

Anthonygh is off-line
15 June 2011 08:04
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

Quote from Alister
I can see the advantage of specifying levels and basic attributes but it should still be down to the model (or photographer if the other way around) to choose what they want to subscribe to see. Don't know whether it'd make the casting process too complicated. Of course if you have very specific requirements the search mechanism works well and if you do have specific requirements it's probably a better tool than hoping that your ideal model has subscribed to the castings.

First, the search tool is pretty crude and time consuming. Second, my proposal wouldn't stop people using the casting call system as now; and third, it would be automatic. I know that my 'requirements' would go to any model that matches them; it would be for the model to respond - or not. It could possibly show me who had been contacted, which might alert me to models I was unaware of previously.

As for what models do, presumably they would indicate on their profiles what their interests and characteristics are; and so the match would be automatic. If a model did nude but only indicated topless then the model would not be notified - but that would be his/her choice, and he/she would stick to reading casting calls.

Same system for models looking for shoots obviously.

Chris Corbin is off-line
15 June 2011 09:05
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Hampshire
New Milton

I wish they would go back to counties not north, south etc.
There is a chance that everything I just said is complete bollocks

CGW is off-line
15 June 2011 09:49
cgwebster
Photographer
cgwebster
Hampshire
Basingstoke

Quote from corbystock

agree, I'm on the border of south east and west, also London is easy by train

Be better if you could select a number of counties rather than just one

15 June 2011 11:21
MikeJames
Photographer

Quote from corbystock

Quote from cgwebster
agree, I'm on the border of south east and west, also London is easy by train

Be better if you could select a number of counties rather than just one

Work is ongoing behind the scenes and this is something in the pipeline.

Watch this space.

Mike
Reet proper Northern and proud!

Anthonygh is off-line
15 June 2011 12:32
anthonyh
Photographer

Kent

The MM search facility where one sets a distance from 'home' is a step in the right direction in my opinion, but it is the automation of the process that I think would be the best element. My personal belief is that it will lead to more people using the site for professional purposes, and as such it could be a premium members feature.

I started this post after getting part way through typing a casting call, then deciding not to bother and maybe approach some models directly. I am reluctant to again state 'local' models only, and have replies from Manchester etc., or from models that basically ignore what I was looking for.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura Lanny1987 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
bob Cheshunt83 dave2008 digitalmood eosfan gattskirito glamorphotos Ladiesman MIB oscar powerbook92 Richard99 rscott360 Snooper911 Stoker tricky881 whitepython Yekim