Reminder Secure

How about a competition ?

This thread is being watched by 1 person
This thread is currently locked
09 June 2011 11:44
1919_Images
Photographer

As there's lots of negativity on the forums and some people have some more spare time during the summer along with longer daylight hours how about a competition along the following lines:

Models & photographers who wish to enter put their names forward and are split into regions so less travelling.

Each photographer gets paired with a model from their region randomly (draw can be done by mods)

A random 'theme' for the shoots is also chosen from a list of submissions with everyone working to the same theme.

Each team of model/photographer then has until end of August to get together and submit 1 image of their interpretation of that theme. Nobody charges for their time.

Winner chosen by team of moderators (If Purestorm or anyone else wishes to donate a very small reward that would be good but not essential as just a bit of fun which would get people together).

It would mean you will get to work with someone you may not normally work with and people can be creative.

There could be a minimum 3 checkable reference criteria for photographers to ensure model safety as best we can and models work to their own levels but no adult.

Wouldnt take much organising.

Thoughts?

09 June 2011 11:48
Student
Photographer

NIce idea.
Just imo.

09 June 2011 11:51
Kortexx
Photographer

Quote from Student
Nice idea.

+1
I(m cle'a]ni.ng m\y ke]yb29oa;r#d

09 June 2011 11:54
PUNKuate
Photographer

Good idea, but models and photographers might not want to work with who they are paired with, then it becomes awkward.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

09 June 2011 11:58
1919_Images
Photographer

Quote from PUNKuate
Good idea, but models and photographers might not want to work with who they are paired with, then it becomes awkward.

I can appreciate that and if you've a genuine grievance against who youre paired with we can sort out a replacement but if you've fallen out with nearly everyone in your region then its probably not worth entering.

Jenna Lou is off-line
09 June 2011 12:23
DamagedRoses1987
Model
DamagedRoses1987
Rhondda Cynon Taf
Aberdare

I think it's a great idea.

I agree that it could become awkward if a model and photographer are paired together but don't want to work with each other for what ever reason, but then if that's the case then maybe they shouldn't enter because that is a possibility? Just my 2 pence worth though!

09 June 2011 12:32
HardcoreRoyalty
Model

sounds a good idea
My Heads Up, People Would Kill To See Me Fall

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
09 June 2011 12:55
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Without thinking too hard about it I can envisage a whole host of potential problems with that idea, and I bet it would be a nightmare for the moderators too. This is Purestorm after all, not Utopia.
Bob

Kevin Waller is off-line
09 June 2011 13:15
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
Hampshire
Farnborough

I love the idea, however i am sure the facilities available to each photographer will vary greatly and would severly limit the range of photographers realisticaly able to enter.

Re who works with who.If  you cannot except the pairing given, do not enter.
You can't be late until you show up

Morgan Lee is off-line
09 June 2011 14:00
Morgan_L
Photographer
Morgan_L
Hampshire
Havant

Sounds like a really good idea could also bring in more potential work for models as you could piggy back your competition shoot with another shoot .

Partially sighted, coloured blind, Light sensitive & short sighted Photographer, Howdy :).

30 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa danixhale Dolphin Lushlolly Pinklilly tanyacox
abouncer azurphotos barrysmiles Blancho david1500 diphoto Essexjohn fannmore FlyingShot GlasgowPhotographer Hioctane ism1967 James7799 Jamespaulphotos just_lez KrissB Ladiesman liteangle orca_photography philippahh Skystudio sniffer tonyk1
harbourstudio