Reminder Secure

Awwww, Im not kidding you!!!

07 June 2011 15:58
Secondskin
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending

Yet again, I come on to Purestorm castings to find another ad....asking for EXPERIENCED Mua,  Photographer desperate and getting all fired up because they have been badly let down by another MUA, Several shoots over several months...All wanted on a....yes...you guessed it....TF basis?????

I think Im going to scream!

In fact i'm thinking of leaving this site all together!!  If you are going to arrange a TF shoot then expect 50% of applicants to be flaky unexperienced make up artists (and before I get shot down...emphasis on the 50%...NOT ALL are like that!!) . What offends me is that some people think that its completely fine to put a casting out for a   'highly experienced' mua but then go on to say payment in images!! MONTHS of shoots??? No pay?? but want fully experienced mua??  IS IT ME??? or is this wanting your cake and eating it? They are taking the proverbial and Iv had enough of people making me feel like Mua's are just there to serve their purpose.

I'm at the point of dispair!!!! If you want a good service, for gods sake think about getting your hands in your pockets instead of offending all us hard working Muas with your constant take take take attitude!!!!!!!!

RANT OVER...now waiting for the backlash!! 

Will is off-line
07 June 2011 16:11
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

It's the boundary between doing this professionally and as an amateur. I am not refering to behaving professionally or to producing images of quality but where there is a paying customer who wants the images. If it is a professional, paying 'shoot then the budget will include an appropriate amount for the team that is required for the 'shoot. Your work is done to a professional standard Gaynor and you do this as a profession. Unfortunately, as you say, some just want everything for nothing.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

Fisherface is off-line
07 June 2011 16:13
Fisherface
Make-up Artist
Fisherface
Suffolk
Lowestoft

It drives me insane!  The castings that annoy me the most are from new models who want an experienced MUA on TF and state that we will get "fabulous images" but they don't even know which photographer they're going to use yet!

Iestyn Hooper is off-line
07 June 2011 17:03
iestyn
Photographer

Suffolk
Stowmarket

MUA`s are undervaled
Model`s are undervalued
Stylist`s are undervalued
Photographer`s are undervalued
blah blah blah we hear it everyday
This is an internet site where most members are amateur and cannot afford top class professionals but some will try their luck to see if they can get top class help for free, don`t stress it, just don`t reply to unappealing castings.
Why not stop being reactive to the castings of others and be more proactive and put up your own casting for paid work, your profile will get more views in a positive manor rather than just nosing to see who it is thats ranting today.

07 June 2011 17:42
PUNKuate
Photographer

I think most of us don't really understand the difference between an awesome MUA and an OK MUA anyway, to be honest.

I know I wouldn't have a clue from looking at a portfolio. I've not developed the talent to spot the talent yet, which is why I wouldn't pay one.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

07 June 2011 19:03
RobGolding
Photographer

Quote from PUNKuate
I think most of us don't really understand the difference between an awesome MUA and an OK MUA anyway, to be honest. I know I wouldn't have a clue from looking at a portfolio. I've not developed the talent to spot the talent yet, which is why I wouldn't pay one.

Most of us? Really?

Why is that then?

Wendy Davies is off-line
07 June 2011 20:10
wendyanne
Make-up Artist

Cheshire
Ellesmere port

I totally Understand where your comming from.I often feel the same way when i scan through the castings.

Frank Sinnott is off-line
07 June 2011 21:58
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
London

A good MUA is worth their weight in gold. Best to ignore crazy castings.

Karen Hegarty is off-line
08 June 2011 07:56
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

It is soul destroying Gaynor and drives me mad, but we just have to accept that it will always be like that on sites like this, try not to let it get to you I know it's hard as it seems more and more people are saying they want mua at last minute on tf basis cos they have been let down, as you rightly say if they are not paying they have to expect that from less professional people. Just keep smiling to yourself and doing the great work you do, you will get the paid work anyway even if not from here hun xx

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 June 2011 08:04
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Look at it positively ladies. If you can also lay on a professional photographer with "either studio access or outdoor kit and an industrial location at there disposal, heavy duty tools and building equipment and the ability to retouch images to a high standard" who is willing to provide TFP/CD to the model as well you might get some pretty decent naff images for your profile in return for your time and materials. Just check out the list for this Deal of the Millennium .
Bob

25 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Claretberet danixhale ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil hazel_rose LucasJacques missloulou
ad360photo antoinewynn Auctioneer bob22 digitizer frank4 GSC4X guitarman jwd1 Ladiesman MIB peterh rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed
Lensmaster