Reminder Secure

Bloating

06 June 2011 03:28
River
Model

Just wondering if anyone knew of anything to relieve bloating? My stomach tends to be nice and flat in the morning/midday and gets more bloated during the day. On days in which I am shooting lingerie/swim wear I tend to eat very little (usually just a handful of nuts for energy/banana), but even when I drink I tend to bloat. Why is this and what can I do to prevent it?
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
06 June 2011 03:31
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Have you tried not eating the nuts / banana?

I've tried loosing weight by only eating a piece of fruit in the mornings myself and know that bananas make my stomach swell like a balloon so I can only assume I have a food intollerance to bananas.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

06 June 2011 03:37
River
Model

Well I need somethin for breakfast, and I mainly have them to give me energy for the shoot...I have tried eating other things aswell, now I think about it bananas don't really work that well
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
06 June 2011 04:14
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

Maybe try protein instead - for example, a slice of ham or chicken, or a drink of milk. People's metabolisms vary. Protein on its own will keep me going for a long time - as soon as I add carbs (sandwich!), I digest it much faster.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

06 June 2011 04:32
BaileyK
Model

What do you drink missy?
I used to get bloated and I am intolerant to milk (I hope you aren't as I bloody miss ice-cream haha) x

06 June 2011 04:41
River
Model

Thanks Hugh. I have IBS so if I eat too much fibre/carbs I tend to bloat, so try and stay away from cereals/breads/pasta. I mainly drink green tea (and have done for about 3 years). Bailey, if I was milk intolerant I would actually cry!!

06 June 2011 04:50
BaileyK
Model

Quote from River
Thanks Hugh. I have IBS so if I eat too much fibre/carbs I tend to bloat, so try and stay away from cereals/breads/pasta. I mainly drink green tea (and have done for about 3 years). Bailey, if I was milk intolerant I would actually cry!!

It is gutting!
Unsure if it would be any good for you but both of my parents had health problems.... They went to a company who does intolerance testing through a blood test..
My mum has colitis(BUT no longer suffers like she used to)
My dads problem completely went.

They show foods you should avoid and they will be numbered 1-4(4 being the ones you should deff avoid!) Unfortunately my mums 4's included chocolate!
Its not cheap but if you feel better then it might be worth your while xox

06 June 2011 04:56
River
Model

My mum has colitis to! What company was that? Surely you could get the same (or similar) testing through the NHS?

06 June 2011 05:00
BaileyK
Model

Quote from River
My mum has colitis to! What company was that? Surely you could get the same (or similar) testing through the NHS?

The NHS don't test for many foods. (Well not when my mum wanted it done)
Excuse the spelling(I can't remember how its spelt) Brampton Scientific. (These guys test hundreds)
Unfortunately their website isn't up

x

06 June 2011 05:03
River
Model

Thanks Bailey I should write a list of the foods that made me bloat for future reference.

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
danixhale Natpenelope Winterlilly
AndiCallen ansonphotography Blancho casell chriscooze davejarvis david1500 davidd200 dhuntuk djb1 dorrian Fluffypup FlyingShot gshocker30 KDP keltica MIB Phiesta1 philcarpenter61 Photojames43 PhotoSpyroS Pictureimage Platidonio rembrandt Rscott360 steveh32 ton viewphotographic