Reminder Secure

Need some help

05 June 2011 15:38
dancingshoes
Model

Neef some help.

Looking to clear my skin, lose weight and tone my stomach.

Been eating healthier- more veg, fruit and water.

Feel like meh right now.

Any tips on doing all of the above.

Alice
"Haters are only jealous of you because you are a reflection of what they want to be"

05 June 2011 17:45
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Eating healthier is a good start (and can help with up to 80% of what you're after), but make sure you're eating enough to fuel your body. If you're feeling "meh" it's because you're not eating enough to support your BMR (Basic Metabolic Rate) ...possibly (there could be all sorts of variables here). Also the type of foods your eating during the day will affect how you feel. As an example: if you eat loads of fruit, your blood sugar will spike and that will trigger your pancreas to secrete insulin to regulate your blood sugar levels. Subsequently you will get that "drop". So look into what exactly your eating, how often you're eating and how much you're eating.

You can't "spot tone" your body...if fat deposits onto a certain area of your body quicker than anywhere else, it will be the last to bugger off. That said you can "tone" the muscle underneath so it is more functional, but you may well not see this. A combination of cardio and weights (no, not the silly pink rubber dumbbells, actual weights!) and core stability exercises will improve the functionality of the body and with proper eating, the bodyfat percentage WILL decline.

(as for clearer skin...i can't help buuuut look at the products you're putting on your face? They may be quite harsh to your skin)

...I think that's a good generic reply
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Jesfish is off-line
05 June 2011 17:59
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

There are loads of threads on this already!  Read them but remember that this is a model/photography forum and although there are some people on her who are knowledgeable on the subject, there are also many who give the wrong advice!  You'd be better off asking those on a health and fitness specific site.

06 June 2011 03:05
River
Model

Quote from jes
There are loads of threads on this already! .

Maybe it has something to do with the weather? Warm weather=sweaty face, and if combined with foundation, can cause spots.
If it is the odd spot, use a medicated treatment, such as freederm. If the spots are a more common occurance, I would go to the doctor. I was prescribed Differin and it works a treat.
I'm not so good when it comes to fitness and exercise (although I did buy a skipping rope yesterday...12 minutes worth of skipping can burn 200 cals!...and its fun!)
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

06 June 2011 04:14
dancingshoes
Model

ThanKs everyone :-)

Skipping does sound fun :-)

Hehe
"Haters are only jealous of you because you are a reflection of what they want to be"

06 June 2011 04:20
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer

i would say noting wrong with your figure or skintone but then again editing can be why im thinking this (im not saying you are edited or its a bad ting but you get my point)

i suffered from acne on my back at one point, until i started bathing in salt water. sounds easy now i said it. and its natural.

as for toning, unfortunatley weight loss is really 80% diet and 20% excersise and takes time and patience,

but they say if you can keep something up for 3 months it becomes habit! so keep up your present eating regimes and strong healthy attitude towards fitness.

as for a fun excersise (apart from the obvious oo la lah answer) i strongly reccommend swimming or horse riding!

wildatheart87 is off-line
24 June 2011 07:39
CarrieCampbell
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
CarrieCampbell
Greater Manchester
Manchester

Hi,

Have a look at this blog: http://www.koraorganics.com/blog - It's by Miranda Kerr and her team at Kora. It's full of information on diet, supplements, health and general well being. I found it very interesting and have seen results! 

For clearer skin and better general well being from the inside; 
  • Take zinc tablets (25mg) - 1 per day ( Supports the immune system, healthy skin and is a source of Antioxidants.)
  • Take Cod Liver Oil with calcium - 1 per day (Helps maintain healthy skin, hair and nails as well as strong bones and healthy teeth).
  • Sip lots of water though out the day!!! You'd be surprised how much of a difference this makes! 9/10 times when you feel hungry you body is actually dehydrated! 
  • Make sure your diet is high in Fish oils, they will help nourish your skin. Ground flaxseeds are an excellent source of omega-three fatty acids, which promote good skin health. You can also by Flaxseed tablets (1000mg) which are what I use.  
  • Make sure your diet includes Vitamin A, it is essential for healthy skin. Plenty of dark orange (carrots, sweet potatoes, winter squash) and dark green (broccoli, spinach, kale) vegetables.
  • Snack on nuts through out the day, almonds are great as they are high in vitamin E.
The above will help with the MEH feeling, generally its due to the body lacking in Vitamins, Minerals or nutrients of some sort. Also:
  • Holland and Barratt sell amazing tonics called Firefly - I recommend the Detox and Wake Up. (100% natural ingredients) 
  • Holland and Barratt also sell dried fruit rolls called Bear, they taste so good and one small roll is one of your 5 a day!  (100% natural ingredients) 
If you suffer from spots or breakouts:
  • Make sure you cleanse, tone and moisturise twice daily. 
  • If you are prone to spots use a Which Hazel based gentle exfoliator (1 to 2 times weekly) and cleanser (daily) and a rich moisturising creme. I use Witch gentle exfoliator and cleanser and Dove Rich Moisturising Creme.
  • For the dreaded flare up's at completely the wrong time use: Witch Skin Gel Treatment (81.5% Witch Hazel). It dries up breakouts and calms redness and swelling in no time. Witch Hazel can dry your skin out though, so make sure you moisturise well.  
  • Someone else has mentioned salt, this is another natural way to calm breakouts, bathe the effected are in salt water or use an ice pack to calm the swelling. Or even lemon juice and water.
Hope this helps! 

Carrie 

24 June 2011 07:44
BaileyK
Model

Could be birth control if you are on it!

25 June 2011 12:09
dancingshoes
Model

No lol i'm not on birth contorl

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ChloeDevine chosin pinklilly
Blancho dby47 duncanpritchard iestyn photostevo redtail shadowtime74 siclews spiritofwales Willjamieson