Casting calls

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 June 2011 05:01
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

This may have already been answered before but I can't seem to find the post.

Is there a limit to how many almost identical castings models and photographers are allowed to make on a weekly basis?
I rarely post up casting calls partly because most of my work comes directly from people messaging me but also because If I posted daily then it would push back other peoples castings (considerate eh?). I see the same castings nearly everyday from some users , sometimes more than 1 in a day - they might be deleting one casting the second its off the front page and making another. Is this abuse of the system or is it the best way to get your castings seen?

Chrissie

Ciaran Whyte is off-line
05 June 2011 05:25
ciaran
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
ciaran
Dublin

Sorry
http://www.thewonderoflight.com

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
05 June 2011 06:09
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Chrissie, you also missed the 19 in 1 day casting a week or 2 back.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
05 June 2011 06:20
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from gerryquiff
Chrissie, you also missed the 19 in 1 day casting a week or 2 back.

I think it was actually around 19 inside an hour - and every one was slightly different, so it wasn't a mistake.

Some people will stick two fingers up at everyone else on the grounds that they are Speshull.

Bob

TarMoo is off-line
05 June 2011 06:30
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Chrissie

Your latest casting call is for region "United Kingdom - Scotland" which does not appear to be on the list of regions to select when searching casting calls, so the only way to view the casting is to look at All castings. It may be more effective to select a particular Scotish region for your casting.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 June 2011 07:02
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Where would you say Perth is located - region wise?
I have went for North-East in the past but its not actually very North, I would say Aberdeen/Inverness would fit better under the "north/east" category..I guess I'm central Scotland but thats not an option to select.

Sadly I missed the 19 in one hour although it doesn't actually surprise me. I much preferred the older casting call system!

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 June 2011 07:14
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Got it, just figured north east is also not an option so I'm going for "east"..

Anyhow back to question -
is it ok to post almost identical castings on a daily basis?

TarMoo is off-line
05 June 2011 07:46
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Quote from Chrissie_Red
Got it, just figured north east is also not an option so I'm going for "east".. Anyhow back to question - is it ok to post almost identical castings on a daily basis?

If you live on the border of two regions, then create a separate casting call in each region, possible a few days apart.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Chrissie Red is off-line
05 June 2011 07:51
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from tarmoo
If you live on the border of two regions, then create a separate casting call in each region, possible a few days apart.

I guess thats an option but I don't want people to view them and think "christ not another casting call, times must be tough"..
Which is what I think when I see the same person posting every bloody day. Like I said I feel its a bit of a shame on the other users if I push their castings back by hogging up the system.

Kirk Schwarz is off-line
05 June 2011 08:10
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from Bob
I think it was actually around 19 inside an hour - and every one was slightly different, so it wasn't a mistake.

Some people will stick two fingers up at everyone else on the grounds that they are Speshull.

Bob

Was that when every casting on the front page was the same model with the same subject header?

I thought that was a tab OTT.
Can someone tell me how to put text in this box???

28 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Crowlex Lusciousabi29 stevepm Sxcemma123
abouncer android_man antoinewynn bernadinism big_err clarmike Davebu david1500 dby47 eosfan glamorphotos hodgen kaosrox Kjoservices laurencejpower MAMAMIYA MIB Phiesta1 rdp redbaron rtmphoto steveh32 WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
wendyanne