Fleur du Mal is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2011 10:20
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Can anyone give me some advice on a product to use to get this particular effect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcDBgXbGskc

If you look at the sections where there is a close up of Mindy's lips as she's singing (for example, at 40 seconds in), she has a beautiful pearly sheen to them, and I'd love to be able to create a similar look.

I don't tend to experiment with my lip colour as I tend to stick to my signature matte red lipstick, or sometimes hot pink.  I have very sensitive skin and the few times I've tried lip gloss it has ended in tears with allergic reactions, although this might well just be the product I'm using.  So I tend to stick with what I know will work and not bring me out in hives.

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

Mr P to Fleur: "Oh, are you the cleavage lady?" www.badflower.co.uk

fannay phondla  is off-line
04 June 2011 14:26
dutchesslaroux
Model
This member has been suspended
dutchesslaroux
Merseyside
liverpool

try some of the elf stuff . apparently they have a dewy shine to them xx
taking bookings for sep,oct 2012 www.msfannayphondla.co.uk

Malc is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2011 17:25
cziiki
Photographer
cziiki
London
London

a wide even light source like a softbox or light panel with any reflective lipstick I would have thought

Beauty Renaissance is off-line
07 June 2011 06:48
beauty_renaissance
Make-up Artist
beauty_renaissance
Bristol
Clevedon

Hello,

Here is something you cand try.
Before you start applying you make-up rub some sugar cristals over your lips to make sure that they are perfect exfliated (I would recomend you to use directly face exfoliator but since you said you are very sensitive is better to stick to natural), once you start applying the make-up (fundation, concealear, etc) remeber to applly on you lips a nice lips balm, a little bit more then you will ussualy apply (try Nivea or even the usual vaseline)go over the lip line as well, not too much.
Then apply your usual lipstick( only with a brush), wait for like 5 minutes and add a thin coat of balm/vaseline.

Hope you will be happy with the results

07 June 2011 10:27
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from beauty_renaissance
Hello, Here is something you cand try. Before you start applying you make-up rub some sugar cristals over your lips to make sure that they are perfect exfliated (I would recomend you to use directly face exfoliator but since you said you are very sensitive is better to stick to natural), once you start applying the make-up (fundation, concealear, etc) remeber to applly on you lips a nice lips balm, a little bit more then you will ussualy apply (try Nivea or even the usual vaseline)go over the lip line as well, not too much. Then apply your usual lipstick( only with a brush), wait for like 5 minutes and add a thin coat of balm/vaseline. Hope you will be happy with the results

Thanks for the advice!  I do usually make sure I put lip balm on under my lipstick (Lipsyl or Vaseline) and use a lip brush too, but I'll give the whole method a go.

Any advice on any particular product to use which has the pearly effect, preferably with the cute nude colour too?  Dutchess - I've heard great things about ELF, do you know which specific product I should look at?

07 June 2011 11:07
beauty_renaissance
Make-up Artist
beauty_renaissance
Bristol
Clevedon

Try Tinted Lip Care by Avon in Pink or Red shade. It is specially made for the pearly finish effect. Just a coat will do the trick.

07 June 2011 11:21
Fleur_du_Mal
Model
Fleur_du_Mal
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from beauty_renaissance
Try Tinted Lip Care by Avon in Pink or Red shade. It is specially made for the pearly finish effect. Just a coat will do the trick.

I've looked on the website and can't find it ... do you have a link at all?

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
07 June 2011 11:31
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from Fleur_du_Mal

They may have discontinued it - but Nivea have a similar one. I've got one got it in... superdrug? I think.

J x

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
07 June 2011 11:31
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from Fleur_du_Mal

They may have discontinued it - but Nivea have a similar one. I've got one got it in... superdrug? I think.

J x

07 June 2011 11:43
beauty_renaissance
Make-up Artist
beauty_renaissance
Bristol
Clevedon

Just had a look on their site and lady_galaxy92 may be right.
would be a shame if they did...is an excellent product.
Try contact a rep, might still be in their offers.

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Alexis92 ElleLaura EVSUMMERLIN Lanny1987 lynnesel Michelledefeo1
bob Cheshunt83 dave2008 digitalmood eosfan gattskirito glamorphotos Ladiesman oscar photostevo powerbook92 Richard99 rscott360 Snooper911 Stoker tricky881 whitepython Yekim