Latest Posts on Front Page

TarMoo is off-line
04 June 2011 03:18
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I was speaking with a studio owner the other day who was complaining that when he added a thread about a "Studio Day" it very rapidly disappeared off the front page and not many people were aware of it. This is because it was rapidly replaced by the oh so many non-photo related Off Topic/Games threads which people love to post here. His argument was that since he pays a lot of money for being on the site, Purestorm should do as much as possible to help people like him and to promote topics which are at least related to photography and modelling rather than idle chit chat.

Perhaps the list of latest topics on the front page could be split into two - one being photo related and the other being for those topics everyone has an opinion on like bad driving, politics and what makes someone attractive/unattractive.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
04 June 2011 03:33
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

It still wouldn't matter, as everyone can choose which sections appear on their front page.

To be honest, (although I've only used silver membership) I think the membership fees are pretty reasonable.
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
04 June 2011 04:05
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

You can choose what goes on the front page, I've only got modelling-related and portfolio critique on my homepage.

'Idle chit chat' may make you more well known in the community, or you could put the studio day in the forum signature, so it may end up getting you more noticed anyway. Or you could use the casting call system. I quite like the idle chit chat.

TarMoo is off-line
04 June 2011 04:06
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

For Purestorm to attract paying customers it needs to provide an effective service for the people who use it. Perhaps studio owners who organise model days don't get as much benefit from the system as models who create paid LFW castings.

Maybe there would be a lot more studio accounts if studio owners felt it was worth their while.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Claretberet danixhale ElleLaura Emmaheron Genevil hazel_rose LucasJacques missloulou
ad360photo antoinewynn Auctioneer digitizer frank4 GSC4X guitarman Ladiesman mghphoto MIB peterh rscott360 Snooper911 Steveh32 xposed