Reminder Secure

Market rate survey

04 June 2011 02:44
martinphoto
Photographer

How about trawling the casting calls on a keyword search to identify the currently offered rates and levels and publishing the ranges or graphing them as a guide to market rates? Or have I been watching too many Bloomberg / CNN business shows?
Cheers, Brian Delivering Excellence Always

TarMoo is off-line
04 June 2011 03:08
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

Most casting calls from models do not specify rates and the rates on model's profiles rarely reflect the rate you actually pay the model.

Trawling through the messages in my inbox, the rates/hour models typically ask for are :

Fashion: £20-25
Topless: £25-30
Art Nude: £30
Glamour Nude: £40
Adult: £50+

A lot of models have 1/2 day rates which are better or will accept offers for longer shoots. For example a glamour nude model with rates of £40/hr may shoot for £100 for 3 or 4 hours.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Edition of You is off-line
04 June 2011 03:21
garymck
Photographer
garymck
London

I think it's a good idea. With a demographic perhaps? I was quoted only yesterday £40.00 up to topless per hour minimum of 4 hours. It was in the South does that make difference?
I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
kathmoore1 Winterlilly
2webmedia Brian2008 djtphotography GlasgowPhotographer humphries keltica love MIB muz Northimages Oneimage peteb peterh philippahh rankin22 rscott360 Snooper911 steevrosewood Steveharratt swalsh58
Charlottealom