Reminder Secure

Any tips for shiny healthy hair??

02 June 2011 20:35
rattusratus
Model

probabily no use to humans but with dogs raw eggs, milk and/or vegitable oil give there hair shine
ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

pennylee is off-line
07 July 2011 17:53
Klouise1992
Model
Klouise1992
West Sussex
Lancing

to be honest ur best bet... is leave it for couple days let it get rele greasy(i know its skanky but natural oils is sooo good for ur hair).. then get a good deep conditioner...( even go to the salon... do not by cheap one wont be very good) then leave it on ur hair for good few hours with shower cap on and now and then apply ur hair dryer to it .... pretty much same thing as the salons do! x

07 July 2011 17:55
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Klouise1992
to be honest ur best bet... is leave it for couple days let it get rele greasy(i know its skanky but natural oils is sooo good for ur hair).. then get a good deep conditioner...( even go to the salon... do not by cheap one wont be very good) then leave it on ur hair for good few hours with shower cap on and now and then apply ur hair dryer to it .... pretty much same thing as the salons do! x

Not always good as a build up of sebum can bugger your hair up!
x

07 July 2011 19:16
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

I dunno much about different makes of shampoos/conditioners as I have good hair so i can use the cheap stuff from Asda. Buy some cinditioner and leave it in your hair for an hour and put a ripped plastic bag on top too keep the moisture in. I had to do that too restore my hair as a teenager after bleaching it too much. I use a decent hair dye for my red hair

08 July 2011 04:18
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Try changing your shampoo and conditioner regularly, i always chop and change mine and normally use two different kinds. as i found using the same shampoo and conditioner all the time made my hair go dull its great for the first couple of washes but after that no, Are you washing your hair every day, that may be stripping your hair of its natural oils I wash mine every second day. Never use 2in1 shampoos and conditioners. They leave a coating on your hair. And make sure you rinse well.
And like some one said above Do your last couple of rinses in Cold water. it seals your hair making in smooth and shiny. And once week use a hair masque/conditioner.
Also watch your diet. if your diet has gone to pot it can play havoc with your hair and nails.  Like not eating enough can deprive your hair of essential nutrients.

There is also a few home remedies that you can try that you may have in your cupboards.  Beer applecider vinegar, avocado, banana, olive oil, eggs. You could make a masque with the avocados and egg.  But i agree with the lemon thing. i though that would dry your hair out.

I just use two different kinds of shampoo and conditioner and change them all the time and always rinse in cold water. I have rinsed my hair in beer and vinegar before just dont like smell they leave afterwards lol.

34 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Gemma89273 Kimmikitsch Lushlolly pinklilly rob452 swifty24 Teela Winterlilly
63jian abouncer Andyphotography davejarvis djb1 eosfan gerryquiff humphries JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices LGMPhotographic Mac mikebee pcmphotography philippahh picusio RupertRudd skinz steveh32 tob Visions11 Willjamieson
Emilyvarnfieldmua
harbourstudio thephotographystudios