Reminder Secure

Any tips for shiny healthy hair??

02 June 2011 13:50
dancingshoes
Model

Lately my hair just has no oomppff to it. I'm letting my colour grow out so it can return to my natural colour but it's feeling really dry.

I got it cut a month ago so it's got no dead end ls ect.

Any home tips that can help get nice shiny healthy hair?

Xx
"Haters are only jealous of you because you are a reflection of what they want to be"

Paul thomas Ford is off-lineSilver Member
02 June 2011 14:23
paulford
Photographer
paulford
South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Once heard that putting egg on your hair is good for it, beat an egg rub it into your hair and leave it a while. Best to rinse it off well with cold water though! Hot water would probably give you hair full of scrambled egg.

Cassie Jade is off-lineSilver Member
02 June 2011 14:27
whosthatgirl
Model
whosthatgirl
North Yorkshire
Leeds/Skipton

Fish *oily*
My next Studio Day will be held at Tip Top Studios Birmingham Date: Saturday 18TH Jan Please visit this Casting Call for details http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=132580

Cat O'Connor is off-line
02 June 2011 15:07
PerfectlyCat
Model
PerfectlyCat
Hampshire
Southampton

Lemon juice, especially if your hair is blonde! It gives it a nice lustre and shine without being heavy or greasy!
I'm perfect....at being me!

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
02 June 2011 16:32
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Sorry have to disagree with most things on this thread apart from the fish bit!

Lemon juice dries out your hair. However I mix it in with my shampoo to lighten my hair in the winter, and then use copious amounts of conditioner to counteract this. It is acidic so will dry it out! It will do funny things to your hair colour if you haven't got blonde hair already.

My friend put egg in her hair and she said it make it go really odd and it took 10 washes to get out! Do not go there.

I'd buy lots of leave in conditioner, I recommend Aussie, and do not recommend the Pantene pearl extract pink stuff.

Do you use hairdryers/straighteners/curlers without using heat protection spray?

02 June 2011 16:44
rattusratus
Model

my mam used to put lemon on my hair, its a natural bleach and makes light blond hair go white in summer but if you put it on brown hair youll go ginger however it does nothing for the condition of your hair just changes the colour and makes you smell of lemon which attracts bees and wasps
ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
02 June 2011 17:04
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from rattusratus
my mam used to put lemon on my hair, its a natural bleach and makes light blond hair go white in summer but if you put it on brown hair youll go ginger however it does nothing for the condition of your hair just changes the colour and makes you smell of lemon which attracts bees and wasps
ratsx

I can confirm you aren't supposed to leave the lemon juice in your hair, and as it is acidic it dries your hair out. Maybe you didn't use enough to see the effects though.

Matt Harper is off-line
02 June 2011 17:11
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Devon
Paignton

Soak it with baby oil once a week, leave it on for a good half an hour and then wash it out; it will take two very good washes, maybe three. It leaves it soft, shiny and feeling fantastic. It also stops dandruff in its tracks as it moisturises your scalp

02 June 2011 17:42
rattusratus
Model

Quote from lady_galaxy92
I can confirm you aren't supposed to leave the lemon juice in your hair, and as it is acidic it dries your hair out. Maybe you didn't use enough to see the effects though.

i was just little when my mam used to do it i was bald until i was almost 3 then over night grew long blonde hair and my mam used to use lemon to keep it really blonde in summer, i barely remember it but i was like a wasp magnet

300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Jesfish is off-line
02 June 2011 18:05
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Quote from PerfectlyCat
Lemon juice, especially if your hair is blonde! It gives it a nice lustre and shine without being heavy or greasy!

Noooo!  That is so bad for your hair!!!! 

A good diet helps, good conditioner, not washing it too frequently and changing the products you use now and again.

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
fionafelony Michelledefeo1
anthonyh dave@studio99 digitizer diphoto djb1 edwards Essexjohn gperl JohnDentonPhoto keltica MarcusM mlp poah psn RJA_Photography Shootonlocation stevegosh Steveh32 Stuartb thelook vipimages