Non retun of contact mail

This thread is being watched by 2 people
The Model Portfolio Co. is off-line
11 July 2011 15:09
TheModelPortfolioCo
Photographer
TheModelPortfolioCo
West Sussex

So they don't reply - move on and message someone else.

If they wanted to work with you they would respond - don't take it personally.

I am amazed at how many mails some of the more popular models on here get. They are inundated with messages.

Glasgow Photographer is off-line
11 July 2011 15:38
GlasgowPhotographer
Photographer
GlasgowPhotographer
Strathclyde
Glasgow

I don't think Phil mentioned if it was TF** or paid, but he did say "they were advertising".

I get plenty of e-mails asking for advice (military and model type) and other enquiries. I answer every single one of them.

Every one is a potential client. If not now then possibly in the future. It's also good manners.

I have no idea how you can depersonalise it - expect pretend someone else sent them the e-mail and not yourself perhaps?

Good manners died years ago - I am sure I saw the grave somewhere.
Regards, George http://www.monapics.com/html/blog.html

Attic Studios is off-line
11 July 2011 16:22
PHIL
Photographer
PHIL
North Yorkshire
Harrogate

Quote from GlasgowPhotographer
I don't think Phil mentioned if it was TF** or paid, but he did say "they were advertising".

I get plenty of e-mails asking for advice (military and model type) and other enquiries. I answer every single one of them.

Every one is a potential client. If not now then possibly in the future. It's also good manners.

I have no idea how you can depersonalise it - expect pretend someone else sent them the e-mail and not yourself perhaps?

Good manners died years ago - I am sure I saw the grave somewhere.

It was paid, I very rarely do tfp/tfcd,I feel that models who work at glamour/topless or above should be paid. That was one of the reasons that really got to me when the model didn't even reply, "Thanks but no thanks"....

11 July 2011 16:25
PHIL
Photographer
PHIL
North Yorkshire
Harrogate

Quote from DerwentPromotions
This is an ongoing problem. I must admit the no replies and no shows used make me very angry. Now I rarely book girls via PS or any other online site. I use local girls sources in other ways. There are a few girls I still use who are on PS and have proved to be good and reliable.
Sadly a lot of togs join and think that there are thousands of girls on PS waiting to work with them. Not true. Only a tiny percentage really want to work. I certainly know togs who have contacted several local girls (to them) and not got a response and after a while they just give up with PS. I don't really get the "portfolio hosting" idea as most the the profiles actually state they want to work and they tick the work types they want.
My advise is:
1) Age, older girls are more reliable. the 18-25 year olds have a high "failure" rate.
2) Has the girl logged in in the last week?
3) Has she many recommendations? How many are recent?
Thus (for example) go for a 30 year old who logs in regulary and whose profile shows that she works regularly. If it is paid work then the chances of a reply are good.

Well said!! I agree with your way of thinking

12 July 2011 05:31
DerwentPromotions
Agency

I don't think Phil mentioned if it was TF** or paid, but he did say "they were advertising". I get plenty of e-mails asking for advice (military and model type) and other enquiries. I answer every single one of them. Every one is a potential client. If not now then possibly in the future. It's also good manners. I have no idea how you can depersonalise it - expect pretend someone else sent them the e-mail and not yourself perhaps? Good manners died years ago - I am sure I saw the grave somewhere.

I totally agree. I get lots of mail from people who wish to work for/with me in the events I run, for example food vans and the like. I have regular service providers but you never know when you might need another one, so it's always worth replying saying "Sorry, but I don't need you at the moment but I will put your details on file for the future."
Some years ago I got an offer of a small job and I was doubtful about taking it. I did.  That firm has grown into a massive business and has kept faith in me and I've earned many thousands from them.
Sadly many models have no basic business knowledge and they then wonder why they don't get a good income.

12 July 2011 07:28
Gfun
Photographer

Just checked sent mail and I have 1 unopened that was offering paid work from back in June.
It occasionally happens they get back to me when they open them and I have the joy of politely telling them that unfortunately the job has been completed.

When casting I make a point of replying to everyone with a 'thanks' or 'thanks but' but I have twice been sent rude replies just for sending a 'thanks but'

Which I don't understand as I'm trying to be polite and respectful.

Paul Hodson is off-line
12 July 2011 08:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

But did this just mean they had a portfolio here?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

12 July 2011 11:40
PHIL
Photographer
PHIL
North Yorkshire
Harrogate

Quote from mph
But did this just mean they had a portfolio here?

No...in the instance to which I refered, they had a portfolio plus they where looking for work...or so they said????

Quane is off-line
12 July 2011 12:01
Alister
Photographer
Alister
Dorset
Bournemouth

Plenty of photographers don't like to be turned down so for plenty of people it's easier not to reply rather than reply and get a rude message in return!

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=211919

There is no requirement for someone to reply to unsolicited mail and it's up to individuals to decide who to reply to and work with. No reply means no so move on and find someone that does want to work with you. Remember many models on here are only modelling as a hobby, even when earning money, or are very busy and can pick and choose who they want to work with.
"If i could only shoot with one photographer ever again i would pick Alister. I've grown as a model since shooting with him. " - Mimi C

Andy is off-line
12 July 2011 12:44
photostore
Photographer
photostore
Fife
fife based, but Scotland wide

I use the below on my profile page, you'd be surprised at the amount that forget they ignored you prior for paid work or tfcd, eventually they get round to contacting you for paid work when it suits them, and then you point out they never replied to you before x2 and direct them to your profile comments.

"You can see from my feedback i am an easy going guy, however if i make contact with you, and you don't reply..then perhaps it was a mistake ! if i try a second time and you dont have the decency to even say " no thanks " then i will never work with you in the future....when you happen to be looking for paid work from me !!! that seems fair enough to me ?.
Andy"

Yep, ........seems fair enough to me cheeky

lets get shootin

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment Natural_happy_girl Pinklilly PrettyDiamond SJH30
abouncer andygstudios cliffc couchestudio davkit Don_Dark eosfan Hioctane James7799 Kiboko Ladiesman Lenz LGMPhotographic MIB nunude panda49 philippahh rossvincent rumbleuk steveh32 WesternRoom
Charlottealom