mua training

Danielle Burns is off-line
29 May 2011 16:34
DaniellexLaurenx
Model

Cheshire
widnes

Hi guys

not sure if any of u lovely ladies/guys who are mua's could help me, Im looking to do a course in makeup/hair styling, this isnt to get a job as a mua but purely to just be able to do my own hair and makeup for shoots.
Ive breifly looked into some of these fast track courses but they are veryyyyyyyyyyy expensive. Is it worth doing something like this or just better to hire a mua for shoots?
Some of you guys out there are exceptional, and do a brilliant job, would really love to be able to create these looks myself.
Any advice would be much appreciated xxx

Jesfish is off-line
29 May 2011 16:36
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

If you only want to learn so you can improve your own make up, you'd be better off hiring a MUA to give you a few lessons. 

Karen Hegarty is off-line
31 May 2011 10:58
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

I agree with Jes, if it is just for your own make up , also you need to have the skills as well as the training sometimes newly qualified artists need lots of practise to fine tune their art. I provide make up lessons if you are interested and I am not too far away regards Karen

Helen Douthwaite is off-line
04 July 2011 15:25
HelenDouthwaite
Make-up Artist
HelenDouthwaite
Essex

I agree. You should hire an MUA to help out with your own hair and makeup. If it was for a MUA job then that would be slightly different. There are also lots of YouTube tutorials around at the mo too on makeup so maybe good to watch them. ALso best way to learn is to practise!!
Good luck,
Helen Douthwaite MUA

Sammyj is off-line
19 October 2011 07:22
lashestolockes
Make-up Artist
lashestolockes
Kent
Thanet

I agree also
Have some lessons from a good make up artist but practice what they have taught you before the next lesson. As a VTCT Diploma qualified make up artist with nearly 7 years experience practice is a huge part of training, the first couple of years after training, you are still mearly a student and there is always something new to learn
Samantha XXX Lashes to Lockes XXX

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Angeleyes777 fashion29 missminiskirt pinklilly Saharagee Samfx
ad360photo Adamjonesphotography azurphotos Blancho Camerawerks coturnix duncanjames funky Kjoservices Ladiesman MIB Penfoldpc rscott360 skinz Steveh32 StuartCollinsPhoto