Post Preview

Ellesse Photography is onlineSilver Member
27 May 2011 13:59
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Have noticed many posts where people have tried to embed an image, but failed.
Is there any way to add a preview button so you can see the result before hitting
the "post" button" (a feature found on many other forums)

Regards

Lez

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 May 2011 14:15
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

You can preview the image posting (click where it says "preview"!)
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

27 May 2011 17:01
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Mmmm, obviously a senior moment for me - I cannot see any button that allows a preview before posting.
All I see is a large amount of smiley's and 2 buttons - Add Image and Submit.

Do I have to belong to a secret society before I can get a preview button

Lez

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 May 2011 03:42
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from EllessePhotography
Mmmm, obviously a senior moment for me - I cannot see any button that allows a preview before posting. All I see is a large amount of smiley's and 2 buttons - Add Image and Submit. Do I have to belong to a secret society before I can get a preview button Lez

Yes.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 May 2011 03:45
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Seriously though - perhaps it is different on the text editor version you are using? On the one I use (there are two options) when you press the add image button you get this

28 May 2011 04:53
EllessePhotography
Photographer
EllessePhotography
Edinburgh
Edinburgh

Thanks for your help Paul

Below is a screen shot of what I see, so yes, you are using a different editor - is yours an external one?
I don't see any way to get to the one you are using.

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 May 2011 08:05
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Mange profile/Mail Settings/Use Rich Text Editor for replying to mail.

I think this is what gives you the different editor

28 May 2011 08:36
RussFreeman
Photographer

That's not enough. Many forums allow you to preview your entire post before committing - giving you the opportunity to correct any mistakes you have made. It sure would be nice!
If you want to build a ship, don't drum up the people to gather wood, divide the work, and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.

Paul Hodson is off-line
28 May 2011 12:58
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from RussFreeman
That's not enough. Many forums allow you to preview your entire post before committing - giving you the opportunity to correct any mistakes you have made. It sure would be nice!

It would - but it does solve the problem he mentioned. It is very odd that it is usually easy to see mistakes once posted - but not before!

32 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 guitarman gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley xposed
harbourstudio