gerryquiff is off-lineSilver Member
27 May 2011 01:15
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Lanarkshire
Bonnie Scotland

Fish nibbling your feet treatment.

The idea is that you put your feet in to a tank of tiny fish and they nibble off all the dead skin from your feet.

Has anyone tried this treatment? 

Is there a governing body membership the salon should be registered with? (I'm guessing you cant just buy a bag of fish and open the shop)
CAT WANTED. Must be large enough to make Davy Crockett hat. (6 7/8) Prefer ginger

Mei is off-line
27 May 2011 01:27
Minnie_Mei
Model
This member has been reset to pending
Minnie_Mei
Wrexham

It was Japanese thing, and they are called garra rufa fish, there is a place by me thats just opened that offers it. I want to go ^^
MinniE-Mei ^^

27 May 2011 02:31
Vas
Model

I'm planning to go at some point - need a pedi but hate people touching my feet, it seems like a good compromise.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
27 May 2011 03:10
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Definitely going, late birthday present I've got some friends that have done it, I think it sound really cool

New Studio is off-line
27 May 2011 03:25
cornishman35
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Cornwall
Camborne

A customer came in yesterday to my print shop and wanted T shirts made to advertise this treatment in their salon. Sounds a bit weird but each to their own.

27 May 2011 18:38
Tidal_Kitten
Model

I wonder if there's a fish worker's union rep working within the fishy tank...because either they work in a shift pattern being rotated with starving fish in another tank....or they're left to devour stupidly till they're so full they pop!

Imagine being the poor customer who puts their feet in and the fish simply WON'T nibble! Do your feet stink through water? Do they have a flaky skin preference? Are they full?

The questions, THE QUESTIONS!!!
More than just Kibbles and Bits

27 May 2011 19:20
Alison_Wonderland
Model

Quote from Tidal_Kitten
I wonder if there's a fish worker's union rep working within the fishy tank...because either they work in a shift pattern being rotated with starving fish in another tank....or they're left to devour stupidly till they're so full they pop! Imagine being the poor customer who puts their feet in and the fish simply WON'T nibble! Do your feet stink through water? Do they have a flaky skin preference? Are they full? The questions, THE QUESTIONS!!!

YES! And do they change the fishy water for each person? Is this hygienic? At least I know my actual person pedicurist is licenced, and he paints my toenails prettily after!

29 May 2011 11:13
HardcoreRoyalty
Model

this is a wierd but womderful treatment. I have seriously tigglish feet so when i first put my feet in, it was hard to keep them in, but after a while it just feels like someones poking your feet gently. As for the water, i was the first customer so i dont know about fresh water, but at least there was no bits floating in the water lol
My Heads Up, People Would Kill To See Me Fall

Sarah Jemimah is off-lineSilver Member
29 May 2011 11:26
SarahInTortureland
Model
SarahInTortureland
Staffordshire
Stafford

I took my mum to have it done for mothers day and me and my brother got our hands done it was incredibly weird! took me a little while to get used to the feeling and my mums face was a picture but it really worked, my hands were lovely and soft. It is also really good for circulation and other things.
The shop i went to in Shrewsbury is called Tootsies (haha) the fish are called garra rufa fish, they dont bite but suck away the dead skin. The water in the tanks has a constant filtration system to keep the tanks clean and hygenic. People have to have their feet cleaned before they receive treatment too and then the feet are moisturised afterward with cream. Its a great experience i think.
Check tootsies out on facebook !

29 May 2011 13:09
Serena
Model

My son's tried it  in Chester and thought it was great ... think all the college students are having a go. I would do it regularly if there was one a bit nearer me although I would like to know if the poor little fishes are looked after properly when they are not 'at work'!
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa chosin Just_janine LilyIce27 Micah68
Andy_B davejarvis djb1 hylander Jamespaulphotos JohnDentonPhoto Jonathan52 kaosrox Ladiesman lfc9_uk matt68uk MIB mlp Moodie orca_photography Philski poah Puremoods RMI rod_m99 stevegosh Steveh32 tarmoo Thunder_Photos Twigtitus westend_portfolios