Reminder Secure

Can we pleasepleaseplease have a better way of organising port images?

20 May 2011 08:04
Tansy_Blue
Model

I put a lot of effort into my portfolio; not only creating and choosing images, but arranging them so they look attractive on the screen. Before this was easy, I just mentally paired them up and pressed "up" and "down" until they were in the right order.

Now I can't do this because lines of images can have 4-7 images in them and figuring out which lines will have 4 and which 7 isn't as easy as it looks. Can we have a drag and drop system, or else a more standardised way of knowing which images will be where?

NOT good for a portfolio hosting site IMO.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 May 2011 08:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

The drag/drop systems are rubbish so I'll vote to leave it as it is.

Perhaps the simplest thing would be be able to add a dummy 'carriage-return' to break the images up but other than that I think Purestorms images manager is the best one going.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

20 May 2011 08:10
PUNKuate
Photographer

Don't do drag and drop! Although, I agree that it looks really messy because they are not in columns anymore.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

20 May 2011 10:12
Tansy_Blue
Model

I mourn for the old days of 2 images to a row. Mourn I tell you!

Seriously, just having a set number of images to a row would be great.
"The poetic, the scientific, the erotic - why should the imagination care which master it serves?" - Ian McEwan

20 May 2011 10:13
rattusratus
Model

i agree tansy i was very picky about trying to have even numbers and now it just looks messy, can we have some form of organised layout (im not picky on how, i just dont love the new clashed messy look)
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Carl Davis is off-line
20 May 2011 10:15
carldavis
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
carldavis
Shropshire
Telford

it does surprise me that this site is classed as a portfolio hosting site, but I find viewing portfolios on here a mess. that along with no section for retouchers is a reason I wont pay to use this site.
www.carldavisphoto.co.uk www.photographybycarldavis.com www.modelmayhem.com/carldavis

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
20 May 2011 10:28
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

As long as I can keep my portfolio & its organisation as it is now I'd be quite happy for alternatives as an option but I actually prefer the new portfolios to the old ones simply because they were a pain to scroll though (esp for gold & platinum members) and I'd much rather cut to the chase and see the images bunched up in their respective catagories.
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

alexkidd is off-line
20 May 2011 12:43
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
East Yorkshire
Hull

kinda have to agree, it's a bit messy now, especially mixing images with model links in making the top alignment go up and down
www.as-images.com or co.uk ~ i lack interweb social skills and may come across a bit james blunt

13 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Asian_amy_Latina mandymack
duncanjames fannmore glamshots hioctane James7799 Kjoservices M4150S photomart rscott360 Steveh32 thelook