New Site Design

Gary Silver is off-linePlatinum Member
11 May 2011 14:47
garysilver
Photographer
garysilver
East Sussex
Brighton

Sorry to say that i'm not a fan of the changes you've made. If it ain't broke, don't try and fix it.
Can we have the original back please ?

11 May 2011 15:38
fuchsia_rainbow
Model

I think the new site design is generally fine, but why have the photo descriptions disappeared when you view someone's profile? You can still see your own ones but it seems other users can't, which doesn't seem very helpful as I know I used the description box to do just that: add some description to the photo where needed.

Norman Buckley is off-line
11 May 2011 15:53
njb
Photographer
njb
Suffolk
Halesworth

I like the new design...very fresh, very clean..Thanks

Jan Bassett is off-lineSilver Member
11 May 2011 18:07
jbassett
Photographer

Somerset
Yeovil

I can't say I'm a fan, the home page is just too long now

Rod Macdonald is off-line
11 May 2011 18:14
rod_m99
Photographer
rod_m99
Cambridgeshire
Cambridge

I'm with Gary - can't see any advantage, from a user perspective, in the new design. You can argue that it's prettier, but that's not the same thing as better, more effective, or more efficient!

CJ is off-line
12 May 2011 04:49
CJJoyce
Photographer
CJJoyce
Kent
Maidstone

I like it.

It would be nice if we can have a dropdown on the people placing the casting calls so that we can easily see locations as not everyone puts this in the title?

Clare
www.cjjoycephotography.co.uk
www.cjjoycephotography.co.uk

Apaxvn is off-lineSilver Member
16 May 2011 20:33
Apaxvn
Photographer
Apaxvn
Essex
Saffron Walden

I feel awful saying it, but I'm not keen on the new site design; IMHO I think it doesn't look as pro as the previous design, and also looks dated. Some of the changes are for the better, I just feel the design side let's it down.

Just my 2 pennies worth...
Theo http://www.arachni.co.uk

Mike Distras is off-line
17 May 2011 01:07
mikedistras
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
mikedistras
West Yorkshire
Leeds / Wakefield

Personally, I like it. Though not any massive updates to functionality, the small tweaks are great improved and appreciated. E.g. The drop down menu's when you hover over them, once you bring your mouse off the link, the drop down hides, which it didnt before, it used to stay there until you hovered over another link. Which is a great improvement.

The general layout yes is "prettier", and surely thats an update in itself? Making the whole experience and user interactivity more aesthetically pleasing...

I dont think I have explored all the updates yet, but from what I can see, much better all round.
http://www.distrasdesigns.com photographer and web designer

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa missminiskirt OlgaCabaeva rob452
apogeeimages chandos donaldmac grahamsphotography IanHighlander john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices MIB nvidia pcmphotography peterashuk simpleharmonicmotion stevegosh Willjamieson zzdigital