Reminder Secure

Pruning

Flobelob is off-line
11 May 2011 13:27
flobelob
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Really like the new Purestorm design a fresh look. Maybe 'controversial' but might a bit of pruning help further. I'm talking about deleting, obviously, free members who have not logged on for more than a year. It is hardly likely that they are active, or indeed perhaps contactable anymore. Browsing about casually there are even some last logins going back to 2009!

Head Sniper is off-line
11 May 2011 13:33
HeadSnipper
Photographer
HeadSnipper
Worcestershire
Bromsgrove

+1, I know the head count is everything, but some of the accounts that have not been logged onto for 1 year plus are a total waste of space
Eve, Newton, Jobs - thanks heavens for the apple.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 May 2011 13:33
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

It is a portfolio hosting site - they might not want to be contacted. As long as one can see when they last logged on they are not much of a problem.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

11 May 2011 13:35
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

This has been discussed to death... Purestorm won't delete them because a lot of people don't use PS to contact models/photographers/make-up artists or the forums, some just use it as a portfolio hosting website and they don't need them deleted.

If these people wanted profiles deleted they could login and delete them themselves.

Head Sniper is off-line
11 May 2011 14:43
HeadSnipper
Photographer
HeadSnipper
Worcestershire
Bromsgrove

Easy guys, 'this has been discussed to death' - well no it hasn't people join this site all the time and would like to express an opinion - where's the problem, discussions can go on forever there is no time limit.
Secondly - why would someone want to post a portfolio and yet be uncontactable as they never log on? No shouting, this is a question not a statement.
Eve, Newton, Jobs - thanks heavens for the apple.

11 May 2011 15:12
SarahTakahashi
Photographer

Nobody was shouting and yes, this really has been discussed to death.

Why not? If you had a free membership on here you could host 8 images and show the link to facebook friends, future clients and the likes and say 'here's a sample of my portfolio'.

Back in the day purestorm was just that, a portfolio hosting website where you couldn't email anyone, there were no forums and no feedback systems. So PS -is- and -was- originally designed to be a portfolio hosting website but has since modernized.

So you don't need to delete anyone. PS has had issues when they have deleted users and they have noticed, even though they hadn't logged in for over a year, asking what happened to their portfolio and why they had deleted so to stop this happening PS doesn't delete them.

Flobelob is off-line
11 May 2011 15:25
flobelob
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

I don't see that Purestorm has any obligation to maintain portfolios, of non paying people, there is no 'contract' that needs to be fulfilled, indeed it would seem a lot easier to delete paying members portfolios, if they stop paying. Neither do I see it does PS a lot of good to have moribund references hanging about. If PS has/is evolving then surely that must include the parameters of inclusion.

Jbwalton is off-line
11 May 2011 18:28
jbwalton
Photographer

Strathclyde

Quote from HeadSnipper
+1, I know the head count is everything, but some of the accounts that have not been logged onto for 1 year plus are a total waste of space

Agreed

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
11 May 2011 18:42
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from flobelob
I don't see that Purestorm has any obligation to maintain portfolios, of non paying people, there is no 'contract' that needs to be fulfilled, indeed it would seem a lot easier to delete paying members portfolios, if they stop paying.

Presumably you didn't see the ruddy great strapline at the top of the home page either? The one that advertises they offer free portfolio hosting.
Bob

Flobelob is off-line
12 May 2011 03:54
flobelob
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Thanks 'Bob" I can read, can't see how that alters anything, does the title bar say this means one has a portfolio in perpetuity. There are actually some entries that have not been logged on since October/November 2008, having stuff like this simply clutters things up and dilutes the relevance of the site.

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
joann2
abouncer cygnet photofrank Steveh32