This thread is being watched by 1 person
Andrew Mills is off-line
10 May 2011 13:44
AndyM
Photographer

Bristol
Bristol

PLEASE NOTE: WE ARE IN A NEW VENUE!
The new venue got a resounding thumbs up at the April meeting, despite being just out of the city centre, so we are going to stay there for a while yet.

WHEN:
Wednesday 18th May 2011 - 7:30pm onwards.

WHERE:
The King's Arms
168 Whiteladies Road
Bristol
BS8 2XZ

We are on the Upper mezzanine and have the area to ourselves. The stairs to the mezzanine will (or should) have a sign saying the area is reserved for the South West Imaging Group (or under my name).

Web site: http://www.kingsarmsbristol.com

The Kings Arms is almost right at the top of Whiteladies Road, next door to Miss Millies and directly opposite an Esso Petrol station.

The number 8 bus (and I believe the 9, but it takes a slightly different route) travels past this venue, which you can hop on at Temple Meads Train station, or St Augustine's Parade (City Centre outside the Hippodrome). I am also reliably informed that the number 54 and 1 buses go from the centre and past the venue.

The Clifton Down train station is also a few minutes walk down the road, but please check last return train times.

ID
Please BRING ID. As far as I know, you do not need ID to enter, but bring it just in case (you may be asked at the bar if you order alcohol).

Any questions, feel free to post them on the thread - all the regulars are very friendly

What to Bring?

1. Yourself
2. Portfolio (if you have one)
3. Business Cards (if you have them
4. Cash for the bar (if you want a drink)
5. ENTHUSIASM

WHO'S COMING:

Photographers
AndyM
Anochecer_Fashion
Damien
James Howie / upscru
jonsearle
Liam Doherty
MangoImages
Martin Russell
Nigel_Painter
noshmonster
RobGolding
Rob Thomas / arteephoto
Sharpshooter
Stephen Cottle (maybe)
Tony Gardiner / tonyg
welshbloke (maybe)

Models
HelenDiaz (maybe?)
Lorena Fernandez (maybe)
Miss_lou_lou (maybe)
misspixie
Naomii
poppymclean (maybe)
Bonnie Deponeo (maybe)

MUAs/Stylists/Artists/Agencies
Foto Moda (maybe)
VintageRouge_MUA

Andrew Mills is off-line
14 May 2011 17:15
AndyM
Photographer

Bristol
Bristol

A reminder that the meeting is this coming Wednesday!

Remember, the meetings are open to people of all abilities, from absolute beginners, amateurs to full time professionals. We are a friendly bunch and try our best to welcome everyone (but please do come and introduce yourself!)

If you would like to come along, but are put off for some reason, I am here to answer your questions. You can also message me privately if you wish.

I also want to encourage more people to come along (from other sites, not just Net-Model) and build up the attendance numbers to previous levels, so is there anything that can be done to encourage you to come along? Again, feel free to message me privately, or reply here.

Andrew Mills is off-line
18 May 2011 18:36
AndyM
Photographer

Bristol
Bristol

Thanks to all who came - it was the best turn out we've had in a while! Hopefully you had a good time.

The venue is booked for next month (June 15th), I shall put a post up when I next get chance.

Andrew Mills is off-line
28 May 2011 15:35
AndyM
Photographer

Bristol
Bristol

The thread for the June's meet is now online:

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=207902

19 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Caela07 chandni23 jo80 JodieW Pebbles40 sammimical
63jian antoinewynn david1500 Djanimation duncanjames Kiboko kildemo mareeoosh Platidonio rcbb talldave68
photo39 ThePhotographyStudios