Reminder Secure

Image 'tagging'

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 May 2011 17:41
dorricottpix_photography
Photographer

ermmmm - I really can't see anything at all that could cause offence in Nick's comments. I thought it was just a good old natter about tagging differences in two different media. I'm certainly not intending to cause offence to anyone - but as far as I can see Nick was giving very helpful information about the workings of Purestorm as per the original post and then noting the difference re de-tagging on facebook. really can't see the cause of upset :/

05 May 2011 17:43
willstrange
Photographer

Quote from NickParry
if a photographer pays a model they are not obliged to list a model as a credit (and vice versa if a photographer is paid)

Only if the model or photographer waives their moral rights (models frequently do this via release forms). Creators of intellectual property are always entitled to a credit if it's reproduced - which is what drove my original post. 

05 May 2011 17:47
PUNKuate
Photographer

Anyway, to get away from the argument, I would like to see more general credits, like they have on model mayhem, so you can credit everyone involved in a shot. You know, those group shoot photos where someone else did everything and they pressed the button, they could credit who set up the lights, or the people who get their family members to edit their photos, etc, etc.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
05 May 2011 17:51
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from dorricottpix_photography
ermmmm - I really can't see anything at all that could cause offence in Nick's comments. I thought it was just a good old natter about tagging differences in two different media. I'm certainly not intending to cause offence to anyone - but as far as I can see Nick was giving very helpful information about the workings of Purestorm as per the original post and then noting the difference re de-tagging on facebook. really can't see the cause of upset :/

I've tried to delete my posts but can't. Maybe I should start a thread suggesting it

In all seriousness, I'm very sorry about the last half an hour. I'm not in a very good place at the moment and I'm currently writing a private apology. I would like everyone to please ignore my posts.

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 17:52
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

Quote from willstrange
Only if the model or photographer waives their moral rights (models frequently do this via release forms). Creators of intellectual property are always entitled to a credit if it's reproduced - which is what drove my original post. 

I agree with you from an intellectual rights point of view.  A credit to the property rights holder should be given, but as we know it doesn't always happen. The issue is more about being able to 'tag' yourself in a model's portfolio, which could have it's problems with misuse. I therefore agree that any photographer should have a credit, but perhaps email, message or telephone them if they haven't tagged you. Afterall, if a release form was signed, and all the relevant contact details are given (including a contact number and email address) then the model could be contacted to rectify the issue. 
your uniqueness is my weakness

05 May 2011 17:52
dorricottpix_photography
Photographer

Very sweet of you to post this

05 May 2011 17:59
willstrange
Photographer

Quote from PUNKuate
Anyway, to get away from the argument, I would like to see more general credits, like they have on model mayhem, so you can credit everyone involved in a shot. You know, those group shoot photos where someone else did everything and they pressed the button, they could credit who set up the lights, or the people who get their family members to edit their photos, etc, etc.

Tee hee! 
Yeah, sounds good.  My general point is that perhaps not everyone has the same sense of credit-where-its-due-ness, or are just forgetful, and it would be nice to avoid having to send cringey "please could you credit me on that photo on your portfolio" emails. Probably doesn't harm google rankings either, having pages hyperlinked to one another.

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 18:12
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

Quote from lady_galaxy92
I've tried to delete my posts but can't. Maybe I should start a thread suggesting it In all seriousness, I'm very sorry about the last half an hour. I'm not in a very good place at the moment and I'm currently writing a private apology. I would like everyone to please ignore my posts.

All is forgiven Don't worry about anything.

Lovely message received.

Lets get back to the topic
your uniqueness is my weakness

05 May 2011 20:52
MikeJames
Photographer

I was just about to suggest the time has come to chill out and have a beer.

Having just got to this thread now, it looks like peace has already been restored and we are all mates again.

I accept that it could be made easier to tag the images of other members we have worked with. We do have a big list of potential improvements on many site features. Watch this space.

Mike
Reet proper Northern and proud!

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
dhuntuk doughnut Keithhendy RoninUK talldave68 Willjamieson Willy_O