Reminder Secure

Image 'tagging'

This thread is being watched by 1 person
05 May 2011 14:50
willstrange
Photographer

It's annoying seeing work which hasn't been linked back to the photographer.  Any way of introducing a mechanism by which images can be 'tagged', resulting in the lovely hyperlinked willstrange (etc) beneath the piccie?  Perhaps the ability to add copyright notices could also be granted. PMing models doesn't always work.

Will is off-line
05 May 2011 15:17
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Staffordshire
Stoke-on-Trent

When I saw the title I thought this was going to be about photographers not tagging models. My response to that would have been that, for me as an example, many of the people that I have worked with are not on here so cannot be tagged. Seeing what it is about I'd support the idea. Some of the people on here that I have worked with are new and do not know about tagging the photographer / MUA and what you are requesting would get around this, possibly. I presume that the model would have to confirm the tag. Otherwise you might get some people tagging themselves in tagless images falsely claiming them to be theirs.
Where there's a Will, there's a way.

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 15:45
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

It already exists.
your uniqueness is my weakness

05 May 2011 15:51
willstrange
Photographer

Quote from NickParry
It already exists.

Really? I'm not talking about commenting. 

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 15:57
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

When you upload an image you can add links to both a model and an MUA.

'This section allows you to enter the names of the people involved in the shoot if they are a member of Purestorm, please enter the members user id number, not their username, which can be found on their profile and it will appear as a link to their profile, if you need to enter more than one userid in a box then seperate each one with a comma.
Make Up Artist PLEASE NOTE: Enter the members user id number, not their username [Help]
Model(s) PLEASE NOTE: Enter the members user id number, not their username [Help]
Tick this box to allow other members to view exif data for this image [What's this?]'

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
05 May 2011 15:59
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from NickParry
When you upload an image you can add links to both a model and an MUA.

'This section allows you to enter the names of the people involved in the shoot if they are a member of Purestorm, please enter the members user id number, not their username, which can be found on their profile and it will appear as a link to their profile, if you need to enter more than one userid in a box then seperate each one with a comma.
Make Up Artist PLEASE NOTE: Enter the members user id number, not their username [Help]
Model(s) PLEASE NOTE: Enter the members user id number, not their username [Help]
Tick this box to allow other members to view exif data for this image [What's this?]'

I think he means tagging yourself when people have forgotten to fill that section out. So the person uploading images can already do that, but the viewer can't

05 May 2011 16:01
willstrange
Photographer

Quote from Photoimager
When I saw the title I thought this was going to be about photographers not tagging models. My response to that would have been that, for me as an example, many of the people that I have worked with are not on here so cannot be tagged. Seeing what it is about I'd support the idea. Some of the people on here that I have worked with are new and do not know about tagging the photographer / MUA and what you are requesting would get around this, possibly. I presume that the model would have to confirm the tag. Otherwise you might get some people tagging themselves in tagless images falsely claiming them to be theirs.

Yeah, you're right about the confirmation thing, though perhaps the burden should be on de-tagging, judging by the number of unread emails that people talk about (not a comment on models in particular by the way, the tagging could work both ways).

05 May 2011 16:01
willstrange
Photographer

Quote from lady_galaxy92
I think he means tagging yourself when people have forgotten to fill that section out. So the person uploading images can already do that, but the viewer can't

Yep, exactly!

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 16:02
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

Quote from lady_galaxy92

Although it would be possible to do it, I doubt that it would be done. Can't think of any other site that allows that kind of tagging. If a photographer has a good working relationship with a model then it wouldn't be difficult to simply request the tag.

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
05 May 2011 16:26
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

Quote from NickParry
Although it would be possible to do it, I doubt that it would be done. Can't think of any other site that allows that kind of tagging. If a photographer has a good working relationship with a model then it wouldn't be difficult to simply request the tag.

Facebook does! Not quite the same I know :P Certain photographers that try to hide the name of their models won't be pleased either.

1 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
eclipsephoto