Reminder Secure

New Level - Edgy Fashion

05 May 2011 12:04
1919_Images
Photographer

Maybe we could have a new level for fashion models who are happy to model to edgy styles eg sheer clothing,implied topless etc as at the moment there is a big jump from fashion to topless with nothing in between except lingerie which tends to be more for glamour models and there are lots of fashion girls who are happy to do this level who dont want to tick any of the more glamour style boxes.
It also seems there are quite a few photographers who like to shoot this style aswell and its a pain to keep asking models if theyre happy at this level.

Apologies if its been mentioned before but I'm quite new here.

Choj is off-line
05 May 2011 12:26
Zeitgeist
Photographer
Zeitgeist
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Fashion's fashion. It's all in the intent. Nipples don't make it edgy.

NickParry is off-line
05 May 2011 12:30
NickParry
Photographer
NickParry
South Glamorgan
South Wales

Edgy wouldn't be an appropriate term to use for your example.

As it is the phrase 'edgy' is used inappropriately by both some models and photographers. 'Edgy' on its own hasn't got any definitive meaning when used in connection to an image.
your uniqueness is my weakness

05 May 2011 12:39
dpbphotography
Photographer

surely by the time most people are differentiating between fashion, "edgy fashion" and glamour they will have examples in their portfolio to quash any ambiguity as to their appropriate levels

besides edgy fashion is about as ambiguous as it gets
www.dpbphotography.com - http://dpb-andyblake.tumblr.com/

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
05 May 2011 13:01
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Barry, just to ensure there is no confusion it might be useful to know which definition of edgy you consider covers the type of work you see falling into such a category as I've never thought of the term as having something to do with the opacity or positioning of the garments being worn.

World English Dictionary
edgy 
1. ( usually postpositive ) nervous, irritable, tense, or anxious
2. (of paintings, drawings, etc) excessively defined
3. innovative, or at the cutting edge, with the concomitant qualities of intensity and excitement

06 May 2011 03:47
1919_Images
Photographer

forget edgy then as that was just the phrase that came to mind but maybe have implied or see through as levels as on some other sites.

06 May 2011 03:53
barone
Photographer

If you do fashion the model will accept that at some time her boobs & nipples will be on show depending on the garment...it's only the ones below 5'8" that think otherwise.
Next Model Day...23rd March 2014...http://purpleport.com/portfolio/angie...Interested?...Ask me for details.

Mark Silvester is off-lineGold Member
06 May 2011 06:03
marksilvester
Photographer
marksilvester
Dorset
Gillingham

I think a simple implied topless & implied nude levels on their own would work, then as a model you could tick fashion or glamour if you wanted to be specific about your area of interest.

It is frustrating to search for topless or nude models only to read the notes to see a clarification in them stating implied. It would make searching easier. It must also be annoying for models too as lets face it reading the forum posts we never read profile notes so they must hate requests for shoots outside their levels.

Although I agree you just have to watch a fashion show or fashion shoot to see that boobs and nipples are occasionally shown but more by accident then intent usually poor designs and ill-fitting clothes!

27 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin Krystald pinklilly RedXXX Superhawk8 tanyacox
android_man antoinewynn claypaws cygnet djb1 GH46 gperl ianscales James7799 Ladiesman Leblanc222 Lenz Memnoch MIB philippahh PhilStorm redbaron Skystudio soulc stuartnoo Vapourtrail