Reminder Secure

Casting Call Gender Differentiation

Lexx is off-line
04 May 2011 07:16
Lexx
Model

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Let me start by saying this is NOT a gripe, i think purestorm is a great utility and the issue that is currently irritating me may not irritate all...

When trawling through the casting calls as a male model, only say 10-20% of the calls will be open to or be for a male model, which is fine, i understand that photographers/mua's may wish to only work with female models. Some casting calls helpfully say "only for female" or, im looking for "blah blah blah" which immediately helps you figure out if your appropriate or not, some are harder to figure out and then there are those where i would apply genuinely not sure if the call is open to males or not.
I think instead of boys like myself messaging casting calls asking "are you open to a guy for this" there should be an option built into posting a casting call (as in Model Mayhem) to specify what sort of model your looking for. It wouldnt take long to specify and then i could change my own casting call settings to only message calls where the person would be open to a male model?

Thoughts anyone?? Or is this something that really only affects the extreme minority?

Paul Hodson is off-line
04 May 2011 08:00
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Lexx Or is this something that really only affects the extreme minority?

Probably - but not an unreasonable request.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Spike is off-line
04 May 2011 08:35
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Hertfordshire
St Albans

Logical idea.
"Photoshop is there to cut diamonds, not polish turds"

Jen Somerfield ♥ is off-lineGold Member
04 May 2011 08:55
JenSomerfield
Model
JenSomerfield
Bristol
Bristol

I've always thought it must be heck of an annoying to be a guy model and having to sift through hundreds of casting calls that you can't apply for

04 May 2011 09:00
PUNKuate
Photographer

Yes, good idea. I quite often look for male models castings too, and they are difficult to find amongst all the girls.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

04 May 2011 09:20
JimiMohan
Photographer

Quote from PUNKuate
Yes, good idea. I quite often look for male models castings too, and they are difficult to find amongst all the girls.

+1

Really hard to find when needed . They do not like to do TFP at all I guess no matter what stage they are .

Lexx is off-line
04 May 2011 11:12
Lexx
Model

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

Quote from JimiMohan

+1

Really hard to find when needed . They do not like to do TFP at all I guess no matter what stage they are .

Really? I am surprised, pleasantly, but surprised none the less... Every time i find myself going for an actual male casting call i find its already been inundated with guys wanting to do it. Maybe its my area...

As for everyone elses posts, thanks guys, its nice to know its not just me that finds it a bug-bear!

Brian Selway is off-line
04 May 2011 11:50
BrianSelway
Photographer

Leicestershire
Leicester

I'd find it really useful too. I work mainly with male models, and even when I specify 'male' in the title, i usually get more replies from female models than male ones.

Lexx is off-line
07 May 2011 07:02
Lexx
Model

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

love to work with you brian if im ever down that way or your ever up this way! Your port is awesome!

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore fashion29 infinitelizzy Laurenxoxt Lord1982 shadowsfire
63jian cliffc djb1 flatheadrich JohnDentonPhoto Kentrichuk Kjoservices MarcXJR Musicman pb_photography philippahh photomart Picturemike Platidonio spiritofwales stevegosh