Casting call feedback

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
30 April 2011 05:18
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

After posting a casting call I would like to get some feedback about it.

Before leaving a casting call posted by a photographer model would be 'polled' anonymously about the casting call:

- Just browsing ( default )
- Too far away
- Payment not enough
- Tog profile not good enough
- Style / level not suitable
- Will consider
- Will apply

So instead of just seeing that my casting call has 10 views I could get a stat that says:

Views: 10 ( models: 6 , others: 4 )

Just browsing: 2
Payment not enough: 1
Tog profile not good enough: 3

Similary togs would be 'polled' after viewing casting calls from models.

D.O.M. is off-line
30 April 2011 05:31
BoudoirNE
Photographer
BoudoirNE
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

would be good, if people used it

TarMoo is off-line
30 April 2011 05:47
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

I would expect a paid casting for a model to get between 600 and 700 views, produce about 50 replies from models, of which about a dozen would be suitable. The problem is that there are usually far too many replies, often from the wrong part of the country (e.g. Scotland for a shoot in Kent) or from models who don't meet the criteria (e.g. if you ask for a model with natural boobs, you still get replies from ones with boob jobs which "look natural").

I prefer to just ask models for their rates rather than specify a fixed fee. On MM you put in an amount for a paid job which may be too much for some inexperienced models and yet deter some of the better models who are worth more. Castings are useful in that they make you aware of models you may not be aware of or shoot to levels (like art nude), but do not advertise this on their profile.

If it not a paid shoot and you get too few replies, there is basically one reason why - they don't like your stuff and do not think it worth their while to do TF.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Gavin is off-line
01 May 2011 06:18
lke
Photographer

Nottinghamshire
Nottingham and London

Quote from PHP_Photography
After posting a casting call I would like to get some feedback about it.

Before leaving a casting call posted by a photographer model would be 'polled' anonymously about the casting call:

- Just browsing ( default )
- Too far away
- Payment not enough
- Tog profile not good enough
- Style / level not suitable
- Will consider
- Will apply

So instead of just seeing that my casting call has 10 views I could get a stat that says:

Views: 10 ( models: 6 , others: 4 )

Just browsing: 2
Payment not enough: 1
Tog profile not good enough: 3

Similary togs would be 'polled' after viewing casting calls from models.

There are 4 models on here in Finland, I would suggest the rest are just browsing.

I don't want to be polled every time I visit a casting call by a model I have better things to do than paperwork.

Research/feedback with a default option is pointless because it needs to be accurate.

Gregory Mason is off-line
01 May 2011 06:27
Gregory_Mason
Photographer
Gregory_Mason
West Midlands
Birmingham

I agree with LKE, if I don't reply to a casting call, I don't like the criteria stipulated by the model or I am not suitable  so I will not pursue the matter and for me that is the end of the matter.

Paul Hodson is off-line
01 May 2011 06:40
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from PHP_Photography
After posting a casting call I would like to get some feedback about it

Bearing in mind you are lucky to get a reply when you answer one I think this is just ever so slightly wishful thinking!
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Pentti Pohjonen is off-lineSilver Member
01 May 2011 13:36
PHP_Photography
Photographer
PHP_Photography
Finland
VAASA

Quote from lke
There are 4 models on here in Finland

Doh, I wouldn't post a casting on Purestorm for a shoot in Finland.

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AnnThompson fashion29 Lusciousabi29
bengie BobWright Daveinsurrey Djanimation Don_Dark duncanjames freddie imageatthemill James7799 JOOPninja Ladiesman martin_03 marty55uk mg MIB mickhowarth nevillenev photomart siclews Thunder_Photos TonyNutley xcellent
harbourstudio