Kestralxx is off-line
25 April 2011 13:12
kestralxx
Model
kestralxx
Dorset
Bridport

Hi there

I really need some help and advice about my skin. I seem to have very tough but bumpy and sensitive skin. I have this white stuff (embarrassing bodies said it was dead skin cells) that come out of my skin and make it red and saw. I do use E45 everyday and that seems to help with smoothing it and making it less dry, but still my skin makes my photo's look awful as it's not smooth and my skin looks patchy, red and white. I have met one other person with this but they said nothing can be done. Anyone else got it who can give me advice?

26 April 2011 16:38
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Go to your GP. it sounds like Psoriasis, but could be any other dry skin condition with similar problems. If they can't prescribe you an ointment, it might be worth seeing if you can be put forward to a dermatologist who will talk you through what you have and what your options are.

As great as E45 is, it is water based (to an extent) and a couple of friends have found Eucerin to yield better results. Though in this weather you will be a bit of a greasy mess if you're not careful :-D As for the itching, maybe take an anti-inflammatory like ibuprofen to see if that works. Also a potent aloe vera gel if any pharmacies around you do that. Failing that, there is an Aveeno Anti-itch cream which i have to put on my mum (if i'm around) when she breaks out in hives....so that's another thought (though I don't know where one can source that over here as this is in the States)

....definitely have a good chat with your GP though, above taking advice from unidentified "identities" on this here t'interweb!
More than just Kibbles and Bits

Jesfish is off-line
26 April 2011 16:43
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Ask your doctor or dermatologist, not models and photographers.

Stuart is off-line
26 April 2011 16:55
digitalexcel
Photographer

Cheshire
Warrington

Dont let it get worse and as mentioned consult your doctor. Asking in here or searching on the net for an answer may just lead to unecessary worry. Good luck.

Jim Gormley is off-line
26 April 2011 17:44
Truedefinition
Studio
This member has been reset to pending
Truedefinition
Greater Manchester
Stockport

I'm no Doctor. and i'm sure there could be many reasons,  but i have heard that some skin problems can be caused by reactions to certain foods and drinks, cows milk being a common problem, maybe try swapping to goats milk and see if it makes a difference.
Hallam Mill - a creative Photographers playground - 2 Huge (i mean huge) Studios - Daylight - Flash - Infinity Curve - Props..

Kestralxx is off-line
05 May 2011 04:58
kestralxx
Model
kestralxx
Dorset
Bridport

Thank you guys x I went to the docs and have got some cream that is really helping.

35 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa Charlotte90 chosin jensomerfield scarlettfoxett
adamjt7 antoinewynn basil Blancho Brownnwhite clarmike copperbronze Creativedge Daddylonglense Davetse digitizer gazzer59 iestyn James7799 jonnywoo keltica MauricesImagery mg oro Platidonio Puremoods Rhadamanthus Rscott360 sblight Snooper911 Thunder_Photos TinDolls trouble72 wacTony Willjamieson