Reminder Secure

Best primers and foundations for oily/combination skin...

21 April 2011 19:08
DeeElegia
Model

Hey all.
I'm having issues with my skin whilst wearing foundation and powder.
My skin can be oily and then dry at times, but it doesn't seem to matter what foundation or powder i buy, as it always gets shiny really quickly! And anything that claims to be infallible is anything but!

I use Illamasqua, MAC and Estee Lauder as i have pale skin and those offer the best range - once mixed around a bit. I was going to buy the Illamasqua primer to see if it helps with the shiny skin issue i have.

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

Missy is off-line
04 June 2011 23:35
MissyJayUK
Model
This member has been reset to pending
MissyJayUK
Worcestershire
Kidderminster

Erm ive had problems before with foundation going flakey & scalely/powder looking or going oily or not doing what they are meant to ect.. however recently got max factor colour adapting foundation found that to be alright better than mousse even though I prefer the texture or powder I found using that foundation and no powder looked better on general photos took dont find it brings spots or anything out which have found in other foundations after a short period of time wearing. There is one or two special foundations you can get for oiled skin though I forgot which now however tryed them in shop and they made my skin look like a snake and scaled, lines and didnt look smooth or nice all over and the colour wernt right for me however different skin well it will be effected differently so it might be better for you. Oh yea also maybe try wearing a translucent powder if you decide wear one its really good for getting rid of shine! makes you look less oily and iv found it can last for quite a long time too. Ive found playing around in different ways instead of being stuck in to one way of ussual way you routine of doing makeup can effect the way it turns out maybe test in a shop and find what seems to look good for what your trying to find. All the best jay

Dystopia Syn is off-line
05 June 2011 11:10
DystopiaSyn
Model
DystopiaSyn
Warwickshire
Coventry

I use the YSL primer or the Beauty flash balm by Clarins both are wicked good. I find the YSL is best for keeping foundation looking fresh. I have found the estee lauder double wear foundation in the lightest shade gives me a nice pale but healthy look and you can apply another layer for a super good evening finish, perfect for shoots

fannay phondla  is off-line
05 June 2011 11:26
dutchesslaroux
Model
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending
dutchesslaroux
Merseyside
liverpool

try elf cosmetics there studio collection works wonders xx
taking bookings for sep,oct 2012 www.msfannayphondla.co.uk

05 June 2011 12:45
DeeElegia
Model

Thanks everyone for the tips.
I wound up going with Lancome's La Base Pro, which is great.
What happens in Leeds, stays in Leeds.

14 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
celebrateeverymoment chosin pinklilly YolandeLee001
Blancho duncanjames john_at_tina_spice liteangle oro redtail RenedeHaan shadowtime74 steveh32
harbourstudio