Why oh Why

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
20 April 2011 17:51
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Was the rich text editor changed, its a pile of shiite now, to add images or links as clickables, can we please have the old one back or at least an option to choose the old one.

If I double click on enter it doesn't move the curser down 2 lines but just sits after one, I then have to rehit the enter key.

Whatever happened to Not Broken, Don't Fix?

Disgruntled, East Midlands.

Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
20 April 2011 18:20
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Two_stops
Was the rich text editor changed, its a pile of shiite now

Blame Micro$haft. They screwed a lot of things up with their last updates. I reckon it was probably an attempt to encourage ordinary punters who have gone over to non-M$ browsers to return to their product..

A number of online forms on sites I use for business - e.g. events registration forms and Windows based data transfer systems etc - which used to work without problem with non-M$ browsers are currently only working properly with IE due to Windows automatic updates causing clashes.
Bob

Edit: I seem to recollect Matt mentioning something about the change in a thread in response to questions at the time.

20 April 2011 19:09
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

But I am using IE and always have.

I've now got IE9 on a 64 bit windows 7 platform.

This has all started since we got the text editor with the new icons. The other one worked like a dream.

John

20 April 2011 19:24
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I presume you mean this post Bob.

Unfortunately we were forced to change our Rich Text editor because when those good chaps at Microsoft released IE9 most of the functions stopped working on the old one (including the spell checker)

However I have now enabled the spell checker on the new one so it should highlight any spelling errors as you type them whatever browser you are using

So are we saying that Microsofts programming forced every website that was using the old text editor to change it to restore functionality, that would probably be 100's of thousands of websites. Just to let Matt know, I only upgraded to IE9 3 days ago, been having trouble with the text editor since it was installed.

John

6 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
android_man Antz dby47 flair_photography Pval Steveh32