Problems with the new text editor.

Steven Jardine is off-linePlatinum Member
10 April 2011 02:06
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

1 - The spellchecking feature can make editing a pain as the software occasionally steals focus as you're going over your typing whilst applying effects such as italic etc. and places the caret elsewhere.  If there's a way to turn this off it would be a godsend (I pretty much ignore what it's telling me anyhow)

2 - Occasionally it becomes impossible to type anything after a hyperlink without it becoming part of that link and using the unlink button often kills the whole link rather than just the part you want removed.

3 - Occasionally the styling goes wrong (eg. you'll get all-bold text when you've posted but the editor shows no sign of this.  (I know others have noticed this)
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
10 April 2011 04:39
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

I have now added an extra option to the forum settings page to turn the spell checking off.

I'll have a look a the other 2 items
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Lifescapes is off-line
10 April 2011 05:12
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Could I just add a point Matt. I've been trying to reply to a post and I've quoted the previous poster but want to edit their post so that just the relevant text is displayed.

I've selected the text I don't want and pressed delete. Now sometimes the text deletes but sometime it works as a 'Back' button and goes to the previous page meaning that the whole entry has to be started from scratch. Most confusing.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

10 April 2011 05:13
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

An example of the bold posting is from my post here:

http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=203507&start=2
When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead. All of your pain is felt by others. The same thing happens when you are stupid.

10 April 2011 05:19
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from Lifescapes
Could I just add a point Matt. I've been trying to reply to a post and I've quoted the previous poster but want to edit their post so that just the relevant text is displayed. I've selected the text I don't want and pressed delete. Now sometimes the text deletes but sometime it works as a 'Back' button and goes to the previous page meaning that the whole entry has to be started from scratch. Most confusing.

If you're using the back space key then it may well go back to the previous page, I thing it does this if you do it before the page has finished loading completely. The safest way is to use the delete key rather than the back space key

10 April 2011 05:26
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from RedChecker
An example of the bold posting is from my post here: http://www.purestorm.com/forum/readThread.aspx?id=203507&start=2

I see that you've quoted someone in this post and removed the first part of the quote. It looks like you also mistakenly removed who the quote was from which I think is the problem. The part which states who the quote is from is always in bold and it looks like by removing who you are quoting you have also removed the end of the bold tag (which tells the browser to stop printing bold text) meaning that the whole post is now in bold.
Hope that makes sense

10 April 2011 05:29
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Buckinghamshire
Stoke Mandeville

Ah OK, I wonder if that could have been the caret jumping issue coming into play meaning I accidentally deleted the escape codes?

I saw Ciaran was having problems with this the other day in a post also.

Lifescapes is off-line
10 April 2011 06:09
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from matt
If you're using the back space key then it may well go back to the previous page, I thing it does this if you do it before the page has finished loading completely. The safest way is to use the delete key rather than the back space key

Sorry, I use a MacBook Pro … I've only got a 'delete' key, No backspace.
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Peter Hague is off-line
11 April 2011 15:37
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
South Yorkshire

Quote from Lifescapes
Sorry, I use a MacBook Pro … I've only got a 'delete' key, No backspace.

+1  Just typed a long reply and the delete key took me back to the thread, losing everything I typed.
"I am the one who knocks" - Walter White

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Echo_soul_silver wakeywakey
Dphphotography garydfreeman jackw johndt photofrank RenedeHaan shadowtime74 shavardawkins skinz woody