Reminder Secure

Getting skin ready for going to Zante...

Tempus Fugit is off-lineSilver Member
22 April 2011 18:52
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuildingphotography
Tayside

Quote from BaileyK
Don't do the sun bed stuff please please please

+1000
Riding on the Gotterdammerung. Down and down she goes. Where she stops no one knows.

Kevin W is off-lineSilver Member
22 April 2011 18:57
carshaltonkev
Photographer
carshaltonkev
London
Carshalton / Surrey / Greater London

I don't know what the weather has been like in Norfolk, but I assume you must have had some warm and sunny days like in London. In fact, it has been scorching for April. I suggest you prepare yourself for Zante by getting out in the sun as much as possible in England. (In a sensible way, like by using SPF15, gradually increasing your sun exposure and not overdoing it.)

SPF50 must be like a total sun block. If you put that on, there is no way you will do anything but stay white. The sun will be quite ferocious in Zante, so even if you do tan a little in England, you will need SPF 15 over there.

NOT LAGANAS?!?!?!
As in life, so in a game of hazard, skill will make something of the worst of throws.

22 April 2011 19:23
K_Studios
Studio

Quote from chelea
if you use tanning beds for a few weeks before it conditions your skin to the uv meaning you can use a lower sunscreen and come back with a lovely tan, i recommend 2 sessions a week x

Worst bit of advice I have seen for ages.

I would encourage everyone to read the British Medical Associations web page regarding their use

Clicky

03 May 2011 06:13
spikey19872007
Photographer

Quote from River
Hi All,

I am going to Zante in June and was wondering if there is any way to protect my skin, whilst not staying pure white? Temperatures will reach 32 degrees C, and we will be spending a lot of time on the beach. Usually in the summer I wear spf 50 sunscreen, and don't tend to tan at all, and if I do, I go pink and then brown. Is there any way to prepare my skin for the Grecian climate whilst not coming away being the only one without a tan?

What I used to do considering my shoulders just burnt, no matter what SPF I put on, pace yourself, some time in for say ah hour in the sun spf 40 then 30 mins in the shade, when walking about cover up in something white that is sorta translucent (I used to have white shirts that did the job).

Worked for me and the gaps in the shade just gave my skin time to cool down considerably and prop up the bar.

Also, what has been mentioned about making the use of the sun here is also a start, years riding bikes arms and legs exposed and they never burn!
I don't bite, that's the dogs job. www.barrydawsonphotography.co.uk

Cassie Jade is off-lineSilver Member
03 May 2011 08:16
whosthatgirl
Model
whosthatgirl
North Yorkshire
Leeds/Skipton

Quote from River
Hi All,

I am going to Zante in June and was wondering if there is any way to protect my skin, whilst not staying pure white? Temperatures will reach 32 degrees C, and we will be spending a lot of time on the beach. Usually in the summer I wear spf 50 sunscreen, and don't tend to tan at all, and if I do, I go pink and then brown. Is there any way to prepare my skin for the Grecian climate whilst not coming away being the only one without a tan?

First couple of days of your holiday I wouldn't use anything less then SPF 30 then I would try the lowering the SPF to either a SPF 20 or a SPF 15
I wouldn't use anything lower then a SPF 15 at least on my face
Why don't you try
Delectable Self Tanning Mousse SPF15
My next Studio Day will be held at Tip Top Studios Birmingham Date: Saturday 18TH Jan Please visit this Casting Call for details http://www.purestorm.com/view-casting-call.aspx?id=132580

03 May 2011 11:12
River
Model

Thankyou everyone for your words of advice!!

My back/shoulders and arms tend to tan the most, but I think this is because I have them out in England when it is sunny so they are used to it. My legs (which usually hide under leggings or jeans!), tend to go pink. I think I need to get my legs out and used to the english sun before I bombard them with the blazing brightness of Zante.
I think the idea of changing the SPF factor through the course of my holiday sounds like a good idea. I will be keeping a relitivley high SPF on my face though, I'd rather fake tan it then risk more wrinkles
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

3 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
coturnix rembrandt rscott360