Reminder Secure

Getting skin ready for going to Zante...

05 April 2011 09:29
River
Model

Hi All,

I am going to Zante in June and was wondering if there is any way to protect my skin, whilst not staying pure white? Temperatures will reach 32 degrees C, and we will be spending a lot of time on the beach. Usually in the summer I wear spf 50 sunscreen, and don't tend to tan at all, and if I do, I go pink and then brown. Is there any way to prepare my skin for the Grecian climate whilst not coming away being the only one without a tan?
"I do this because Im having fun. The minute I stop having fun, I'll just walk away"- Heath Ledger

05 April 2011 09:47
Eva_Giles
Model

I have no idea, but i went to the T-Zante hotel a few years ago. It was an amazing holiday, have fun!
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

ICONIC :P is off-line
05 April 2011 10:15
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

sun beds will tan you, but its not the same as getting a tan from the sun so you will still burn if you don't wear sunscreen
pissing purestorm off since 2009

Leia is off-line
05 April 2011 11:12
leia
Model
leia
London

use an SPF (15 to 30), it protects your skin whilst still letting it tan

21 April 2011 07:50
chelea
Model

if you use tanning beds for a few weeks before it conditions your skin to the uv meaning you can use a lower sunscreen and come back with a lovely tan, i recommend 2 sessions a week x

DAVID SHARPLES. is off-line
21 April 2011 10:21
Dave@studio99
Photographer
Dave@studio99
Lancashire
DARWEN

I have very fair skin and was advised to use a strong sfp for the first few days factor 35 or above,then later use a lower sfp such as factor 16,it did seem to work for me,but don't forget to regularly re-apply the cream/lotion to maintain protection from the strong sunlight - hope this helps.

21 April 2011 10:50
rattusratus
Model

i might be missing the point here but you cant tan safely even with suncream on, using spf 15 and getting a tan is just as dangerous as not using any, the ultraviolet ray that cause tanning damages chemicals in pre-cancerous cells (something we all have) and cause mutation which can lead to cancer
ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

21 April 2011 11:16
FrancescaAnne
Model

the best solution I've found going abroad is to apply suncream every day a couple of times a day for a month - 2 weeks before you go - it really helps avoid the going pink before the brown bit :-)

Kimberley Curtis is off-line
22 April 2011 18:35
Kim_C
Model
Kim_C
Gloucestershire
Cheltenham

I've been told that if you apply fake tan before you go, it gives the sun something to build up on. Still use suncream but if you already have a tan it's easier to tan even if it's fake. I don't know if this is 100% accurate but i'm trying it to go to spain.

22 April 2011 18:37
BaileyK
Model

Don't do the sun bed stuff please please please

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
AmberBray fashion29 Miguel Winterlilly
bengie clarmike GerryS2 gshocker30 keltica Kjoservices Ladiesman mlp Pat9669A philippahh Photo_phil poah Rhadamanthus ricciarelli Richard99 smooth_image steveh32 Stuh Willy_O xsa73