Reminder Secure

Need some advice with hair colour? :)

03 April 2011 06:45
xEmPemx
Model

Hey
as you can see from my latest pics i have really really dark hair that i died with casting creme gloss..
i wanted it dark but because i keep reapplying its basically turned black.
I want to keep it really dark but have brown tones in it so it doesnt look black?

semi permenant is best for me also

can anyone help meee??

x

03 April 2011 06:51
Rachael_Lyon
Model

Going by personal experience, unfortunately if your hair has turned black with the dye there is nothing you can put over the top of it that will make it look anything other than black.

To lighten the colour you would need to use a product to lift the black out of your hair before you can think about putting on another colour. Bit of a lengthy process, one I've had to do many times I know it's not much fun! Good thing is though, if you're not trying to lighten it too much, you won't need to get as much of a colour lift as if you were trying to go say, blonde

I usually find the casting creme gloss is pretty good, so maybe just dye the roots instead of all over? I quite like the Garnier colourants as well. Failing that, speak to the people at Sally's and see if they have any recommendations

x
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

03 April 2011 06:54
xEmPemx
Model

Hi! thanks for ur help rach

yeah sorry i didnt explain that i am just looking at letting the colour i have already fade and just dying my roots a rly dark brown.. i dno what colours good though x

03 April 2011 06:58
Rachael_Lyon
Model

I know it's a pain I used to dye my hair black constantly, then get bored of it and have to bleach it out, not a great plan really in the long run!

Have a look at the Garnier nutrishine I think it is? I found it quite gentle and it came out a really nice colour Semi-permanent is always a bit of a bugger to get right though. I think, but I might be wrong, that Schwarzkopf have a semi-permanent section and their colours are always pretty good - but I could be making that up!

x
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Jaymii is off-line
03 April 2011 07:00
Jaymii
Model
Jaymii
Lancashire
Manchester

Before using any stripping products, I would suggest trying vosene, you can get it from anywere. Its known as an anti-dandruff shapoo, but it strips colour out of hair after a few washes. A friend of mine ended up black after colour applications and wanted to go blonde, she used vosene for about two/three weeks and her hair come out a light brown colour.

Sees the best way to get colour out without damaging your hair. Remeber to condition well after using. Baby shampoo and head and shoulders is also supposed to work, but I believe vosene to be the best =)

When you have it lighter, pick a home dye or get yourself to the salon and treat yourself

03 April 2011 07:03
Rachael_Lyon
Model

Quote from Jaymii
Before using any stripping products, I would suggest trying vosene, you can get it from anywere. Its known as an anti-dandruff shapoo, but it strips colour out of hair after a few washes. A friend of mine ended up black after colour applications and wanted to go blonde, she used vosene for about two/three weeks and her hair come out a light brown colour.

Works well if you haven't been dying it black for a prolonged period - I had my hair black for two years and there was no way vosene was gonna strip it! Haha. So I guess it depends how long you've been putting the colour on, and the type of hair you have... My hairdresser once told me to try washing up liquid on my hair, and you'd be amazed at the amount of colour that came out with that too

x

03 April 2011 07:05
xEmPemx
Model

thank you x

03 April 2011 07:06
xEmPemx
Model

ha ha sounds good i will give it a go

07 April 2011 08:33
Leah_Vengeance
Model

Best product to use for stripping out dark hair dyes is Colour B4, think it's about £12 in Boots and Superdrug, but it strips out all the hair colour without damaging your hair, even if you've been dying your hair dark colours for a long time. You have to make sure you follow the instructions and it smells horrible, but it really works. I used it last year when I dyed my hair a dark red but it came out black, and it stripped out all the colour without damaging my hair, and you can dye it again straight afterwards.
Also sometimes hair colours do turn out darker than on the packet, so try using a lighter shade next time just in case. Hope this helps!

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
2bridgesphotography diphoto Robinsky steveh32 TinDolls