This thread is being watched by 1 person
Terry Draper is off-line
02 April 2011 01:23
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

A networking evening for photographers, models, stylists and makeup artists to show off their portfolios and discuss future projects. Comfy atmosphere to drink coffee, tea even beer in the room at the front of The Roebuck a Wetherspoons pub.

The Roebuck

9-11 ST. James's Street,
NOTTINGHAM,
NG1 6FH

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/pubs/the-roebuck-inn

Hope to see you there.

Remember,when you're reading other peoples thoughts on your own work, or giving others your thoughts on theirs: "There is no right or wrong in photography. It's just your opinion!".

Terry Draper is off-line
08 April 2011 14:13
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

I didn't realise there would be so much apathy from local members.
Only 8 attending at present and they are from other sites.

Remember,when you're reading other peoples thoughts on your own work, or giving others your thoughts on theirs: "There is no right or wrong in photography. It's just your opinion!".

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 April 2011 14:27
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Terry_Draper
Only 8 attending at present and they are from other sites.

That's possibly the problem. These Thursday 'curry nights' are seen as being associated with another site rather than being Purestorm events. The original Nottingham Purestorm pub meets, traditionally held on a Saturday afternoon and evening to ensure those from outside the city could get home on public transport, fizzled out a couple of years ago.
Bob

Terry Draper is off-line
08 April 2011 14:51
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

If you mean Facebook I didn't know you were on there. I must add you.
Even if, which it is not associated with another site, it wouldn't prevent people attending.

It's just pure apathy as you have proved.

Bob is off-linePlatinum Member
08 April 2011 14:59
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Devon
Honiton

Quote from Terry_Draper
If you mean facebook I didn't know you were on there. 

I'm not on Facebook and never have been. Too many children use that site for my liking, plus on the odd occasion in the past that my  SSO or my daughter have tried to access the site from my computers my security programmes have blocked dodgy script so I won't allow anyone to access their FB accounts through my computers any more.
Bob

Terry Draper is off-line
08 April 2011 15:00
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Bob
The original Nottingham Purestorm pub meets, traditionally held on a Saturday afternoon and evening to ensure those from outside the city could get home on public transport, fizzled out a couple of years ago.
Bob

Again apathy.

Fizzy is off-line
08 April 2011 17:00
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

I *may* come to this but need to see if the girl I'm staying with will come too.
Art nude model - £35ph

Anthony Clay is off-line
08 April 2011 17:09
antc
Photographer
antc
Nottinghamshire

I will be attending and am looking forward to it!

Terry Draper is off-line
08 April 2011 17:59
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from fizzy
I *may* come to this but need to see if the girl I'm staying with will come too.

That would be great Anna.
I do hope you can make it.

Terry

Terry Draper is off-line
08 April 2011 17:59
Terry_Draper
Photographer
Terry_Draper
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from antc
I will be attending and am looking forward to it!

I will be pleased to see you there.

4 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
ElleLaura
Nothingventured Rupert woody