Reminder Secure

Should I get hair extensions?

31 March 2011 16:56
Carley_xox
Model

At the moment I have short hair but I'm thinking about getting hair extensions as there's more options of styling and there's loads of different looks that can be achieved with longer hair.

From my pics, does my hair look too short to get it done? Could make my hair fall out

x

Jesfish is off-line
31 March 2011 17:09
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

I had extensions when my hair was as short as yours.  My hair didn't fall out!...the extensions were very expensive though.  I personally think your short hair suits you.  If you're consiering it for modelling purposes, most photographers hate extensions so only do it of it's for yourself.

Lou is off-line
31 March 2011 17:22
Lou_hamlet
Model
Lou_hamlet
East Yorkshire
Roos near Hull.

Get good quality human hair clip in extensions, then you could have them in for some shoots and not for others
thats what i do
Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game

31 March 2011 17:26
Carley_xox
Model

Ooo good idea - but wouldn't it be a fuss taking them in and out all the time

I like my short hair but I'd just like more choice of what I can do with it, yeah mainly for shoots.

31 March 2011 17:29
Rachael_Lyon
Model

Quote from Lou_hamlet
Get good quality human hair clip in extensions, then you could have them in for some shoots and not for others
thats what i do

+1 this is what I do

But you do need to get good quality ones - the ones in Sally's aren't the best and they get ruined really quickly so aren't worth the money. A good quality full head set will set you back between £70-100 if you shop around but it's worth it. I paid £70 for a full head set of HeadKandi extensions, the quality is fantastic. They are abused on a regular basis on shoots with excessive backcombing and product, and they still look good

Good luck! x
"Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."

Lou is off-line
31 March 2011 17:33
Lou_hamlet
Model
Lou_hamlet
East Yorkshire
Roos near Hull.

Quote from Carley_xox
Ooo good idea - but wouldn't it be a fuss taking them in and out all the time I like my short hair but I'd just like more choice of what I can do with it, yeah mainly for shoots.

Well yeah it might be, but I would rather spend time putting them in and taking them out, opposed to knackering my hair with glue in ones
Don't let the fear of striking out, keep you from playing the game

31 March 2011 17:41
Carley_xox
Model

Quote from Lou_hamlet
Well yeah it might be, but I would rather spend time putting them in and taking them out, opposed to knackering my hair with glue in ones

True!

31 March 2011 17:41
BaileyK
Model

Only do it if it looks good,
I have seen people with your length hair with them and it looks awful!
You just need to right person to help you!
x

31 March 2011 17:44
Carley_xox
Model

Quote from BaileyK
Only do it if it looks good,
I have seen people with your length hair with them and it looks awful!
You just need to right person to help you!
x

I know yeah, I mean because its so short it might be obvious that I'm wearing them. Like big natural hair on top then just long ... strands.

31 March 2011 17:49
BaileyK
Model

Quote from Carley_xox
I know yeah, I mean because its so short it might be obvious that I'm wearing them. Like big natural hair on top then just long ... strands.

EXACTLY what the girl in mind has,

If you went to the right person I am sure they could think of something.
Think about wigs...I got a great one the other day just for a laugh!
x

23 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Astramore Dadshouse12 fashion29 infinitelizzy Lord1982 shadowsfire
63jian Cheshunt83 cliffc djb1 JohnDentonPhoto kaosrox Kentrichuk Kjoservices MarcXJR nemesis pb_photography philippahh photomart Picturemike Platidonio rscott360 spiritofwales