MUA Training

Amethyst is off-line
21 March 2011 12:30
Jessiecar
Model
Jessiecar
London
London

Hi guys, I have just done a course in Acrylic nail application and fancied doing a course in Make up application.
Is this what I would need to do to become a make up artist or is it a totally different course?
I don't seem to get any modelling work any more so I am looking to go into the Make up side of things

Thanks emoticon
PM me..................

Karen Hegarty is off-line
21 March 2011 12:46
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

It's not that easy getting work as an MUA either

Catherine McGrath is off-line
21 March 2011 19:20
bananamascara901
Make-up Artist

West Yorkshire
Leeds/ Bradford

I think there are 'fast track' make- up courses that you can do but there very expensive plus they dont guarantee you any work if you are going to be working for yourself.
I an studying for a degree in media and special make- up effects and this is 3 years full time. You constantly have to promote yourself and offer your services for free or assist working make- up artists at the beginning. You need to do this for experience and to build up a portfolio which means collaborating with photographers and models etc and working for prints (so you wont get paid.)
On top of that you need to build up a good kit and brushes along with hair styling products and equipment (as make- up artists are also expected to do hair styling.)
Its really expensive to start and you constantly have to add products to your kit and it can be hard to get your foot in the door but if your really passionate and commited to becoming a make- up artist it will be worth it!

bananamascara901
Make-up Artist

West Yorkshire
Leeds/ Bradford

I think there are 'fast track' make- up courses that you can do but there very expensive plus they dont guarantee you any work if you are going to be working for yourself.
I an studying for a degree in media and special make- up effects and this is 3 years full time. You constantly have to promote yourself and offer your services for free or assist working make- up artists at the beginning. You need to do this for experience and to build up a portfolio which means collaborating with photographers and models etc and working for prints (so you wont get paid.)
On top of that you need to build up a good kit and brushes along with hair styling products and equipment (as make- up artists are also expected to do hair styling.)
Its really expensive to start and you constantly have to add products to your kit and it can be hard to get your foot in the door but if your really passionate and commited to becoming a make- up artist it will be worth it!

bananamascara901
Make-up Artist

West Yorkshire
Leeds/ Bradford

Amethyst is off-line
22 March 2011 03:41
Jessiecar
Model
Jessiecar
London
London

Thank you
PM me..................

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Antz casell Daddylonglense lfc9_uk simpleharmonicmotion