Reminder Secure

multiple area choices

21 March 2011 10:12
rattusratus
Model

would it be possible on the search option to search for more than 1 location

example: i live 30 mins of both durham and newcastle so instead of having to search durham and the having to search tyne and wear would it be possible to search both

and vice versa on the casting instead of just search north east (which covers hundreds of miles) could we have a function to search smaller areas

ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 March 2011 08:47
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Or even better - a distance feature linked to post codes?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Sammy-Jane is off-lineSilver Member
27 March 2011 08:58
samanthajane4
Model
samanthajane4
Torfaen
pontypool

Quote from mph

would be even better. much more affective and would mean you can search just the area you can travel within. emoticon

Sammy

Preswylfa is off-line
27 March 2011 09:07
gwentman
Photographer
gwentman
Caerphilly
Blackwood

Quote from mph

As long as it's a realistic distance travelled by road and not as used by Ebay.
Ebay will give you an estimate based on line of sight and doesn't take into account that someone in Swansea for instance, has to travel to Weston Super Mare via the Bristol area.emoticon

Mike

11 May 2011 12:39
amethyst
Photographer

I asked for similar a while ago in terms of North east casting. Its just way too big to class the whole of the North as North East.

Even as the crow flies, a mileage option seems a great idea. I know I use it on other sites with success.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
11 May 2011 12:46
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

We have something like this in development but the distances will be as the crow flies and not by road. We hope to have it online soon although it will need people to update their location for it to be effective
If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Paul Hodson is off-line
11 May 2011 13:16
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from matt
We have something like this in development but the distances will be as the crow flies and not by road. We hope to have it online soon although it will need people to update their location for it to be effective

Updated (i.e. more detailed locations would be extremely desirable! Locations such as "Staffordshire" are not particularly helpful.

It would be excellent if it were mandatory to enter a town. People who had a good reason not to put it could always enter one that is in the same area at least.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Kirk Schwarz is off-line
11 May 2011 13:23
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from matt

That would be an excellent addition if it's a post code search...  Is it a post code search?

If not (and hating to bring up the opposition but...) MM goes one further than just using counties and allows you to select cities and in some cases towns (may add to the search each time somebody lists themselves as being in a new town/city, I don't know) which is excellent for people like me not being very close to Northampton, Cambridge or Lincoln but being on the borders of all 3 and fairly close to many of the outskirt market towns etc means it's invaluable not just to look for but also to be found by people.

Edit - But then, you already knew all of that, obviously.... cheekyhaha 
Can someone tell me how to put text in this box???

matt is a moderatorPlatinum Member
11 May 2011 13:48
matt
Peacemaker
matt
East Sussex
Brighton

Quote from kirkschwarz
That would be an excellent addition if it's a post code search...  Is it a post code search?

It's not a postcode search. You would enter in your town and then the distance is calculated using the latitude and longitude of that town

If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.

Kirk Schwarz is off-line
11 May 2011 14:03
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Cambridgeshire
Peterborough

Quote from matt
It's not a postcode search. You would enter in your town and then the distance is calculated using the latitude and longitude of that town

Excellent, well, I'll just shush my mouth now then... 
Can someone tell me how to put text in this box???

26 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa AnnThompson Pinklilly PrettyDiamond
2webmedia david1500 Dolayley Don_Dark Essexjohn GlasgowPhotographer guitarman imageatthemill James7799 jccj1 JohnDentonPhoto keltica Ladiesman mike0048 Philski photostevo RealityImaging skinz stevegosh steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58