This thread is currently locked
Fizzy is off-line
20 March 2011 10:20
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle upon Tyne

Would it be possible to have a travel notices forum? I think this would be incredibly useful to working models and photographers who do tours. It would differ from the casting section in that we could just say "I will be here [these dates]" and could be made read only to prevent abuse like the old casting forums and be restricted to premium members so that it can't be used as a casting section.

I'm suggesting this as castings disappear from the front page very quickly and I often get messages from people weeks after I've made my trip saying that they didn't know I was in the area.
Art nude model - £35ph

17 August 2012 18:31
alice_g
Model

Quote from fizzy
Would it be possible to have a travel notices forum? I think this would be incredibly useful to working models and photographers who do tours. It would differ from the casting section in that we could just say "I will be here [these dates]" and could be made read only to prevent abuse like the old casting forums and be restricted to premium members so that it can't be used as a casting section.

I'm suggesting this as castings disappear from the front page very quickly and I often get messages from people weeks after I've made my trip saying that they didn't know I was in the area.

+1
Everybody dies but not everybody lives

Chrissie Red is off-line
17 August 2012 22:36
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

I think thats an awesome idea!
When I have been away I've not been 100% sure where I will be going on certain dates, half of the time I'm not even 100% sure what exact area "ie north east/west" wherever I'm going is, even if i have a map in front of me. It would also mean if there is interest in a different area you can list several different places in the one thread rather than posting casting after casting up. One place to direct folks to who are interested in where you are touring too, there they will see all the details.

Only problem is I'm imagining some would abuse this system -
Model stays 5 minutes away from where she is travelling so she continually posts thread after thread for the advertising or marketing rather than using the casting calls.

Hugh is off-lineGold Member
18 August 2012 03:48
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Dyfed
Aberystwyth

I'd find it very useful.
It's not Fine Art just because it's in Black and White.

18 August 2012 07:44
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer

+1

Victoria Howard is off-line
03 June 2013 05:44
Victoria_Howard
Make-up Artist
Victoria_Howard
Hungary
Budapest

I was just looking for the Travel notices forum actually!

+1

I'm in Edinburgh and Fife next week and would love to do some extra work whilst I'm up that way.

Moderator Input
Purestorm has long had a Casting Calls section where members can post seeking shoots
in specific areas they are planning to visit -
http://www.purestorm.com/create-casting-call.aspx

WESTEND PORTFOLIOS is off-linePlatinum Member
03 June 2013 08:11
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Photographer
WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
Glasgow
GLASGOW

Personally I don't have a problem about how this casting system is currently used.. I do tours all over the UK and Europe and more recently the USA.. when im about to go on tour I will put out a casting for the area that I will be doing photoshoots from (next one beginning July in London).. I always get good response from models. if anything changes ie date or more timeslots available then I will put up another casting for that slot.

I also have a brief guide of my tours on my profile page which does get read and have responses from this way

I can see how a travel notice could work but in my opinion this will just cause more confusion.. would mean I would probably have to put my tours in 2 different forums.. CASTINGS and TRAVEL NOTICES..

so "don't mess with something that isn't broken"

Purestorm is off-line
03 June 2013 09:50
Purestorm
Photographer

East Sussex

Quote from WESTEND_PORTFOLIOS
so "don't mess with something that isn't broken"

This topic has been discussed with the Webmasters several times over the last couple of years
at Moderator Meetings where the effectiveness of the current system was being discussed.
Consensus was that the system wasn't broken but it would be if it were made more complicated.

7 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
jessicaliu1993 Just_Janine Roose
FPMedia grahamsphotography JSP sct73