Reminder Secure

best foundation for photos

This thread is being watched by 1 person
20 March 2011 07:53
bonbon20
Model

HI everyone
Just after a bit of advice please.
I currently use estee lauder double wear foundation but have found it sometimes looks a bit pale/shiny on pictures......does anyone have any ideas on what brand is the best for photographic purposes??

Thanks
Bonbon

KatexXx is off-line
20 March 2011 10:26
katenix
Model
katenix
Greater Manchester
Altrincham

I wear MAC Pro longwear SPF10 Foundation. Its great consistency and doesnt give you that shiny look on photos.

Or MAC Mineralize Foundation, its really light on your face and you only need to apply a small amount.

Another tip is to use a light powder over your foundation. Well, it works for me (:

The best advice is to go to a department store like Selfridges and get one of the girls to give you some ideas about what would work best on your skin
Aim For The Moon..If You Miss..At Least You'll Be Among The Stars..

23 March 2011 23:08
Sofia_Matthews
Model

I use Estee Lauder Maximum Cover, Camourflage Makeup for Face and Body. It is around £23/£26 but was recommended to me by a Urban Decay counter. (My friend with acne scars uses Urban Decay stuff so went there 1st).

I am late 30's with a good complexion but wanted a nice even coverage like an even canvas to put make up on top of and I needed it to remain on and no sweat off under video lights for HD footage (which shows everything).

It works a treat and I never have to re-apply it after 8 hrs on in front of a tv camera. And instead of using powder to blot off any face shine (which I get naturally after about 4hrs) I use Superdrug's own make Clarity, Shine Control Paper (instant matt finish) £0.79 for a tiny book of pages of powder. You just tear one of and dab and wait til you see what it takes off your face. My male friends are always asking to use them when we are out to stop that greasy midnight shine you get when out drinking.

Anyhow it doesn't take of your makeup, are great for blending blusher and doesn't build up powder on your face like a compact or loose powder would so you don't look caked in make up at end of a shoot.

My friend uses it to cover her brown sunspots on her face and my other friend uses it to cover up her son's name she had tattooed on her arm in Chinese, when she does shoots.

Unexpectedly available in Newcastle today, Monday 30th June 2012. Top level is solo-continental, all levels & rates placed in my castings.

24 March 2011 05:56
cathfaza
Model

i think MAC is the best under all the lighting.

28 March 2011 08:59
bonbon20
Model

Thank you girlies

chilli_pepper is off-line
28 March 2011 09:00
chilli_pepper
Model
chilli_pepper
Merseyside
Wirral

Gotta go with MAC too xxxxxxxxxx

30 March 2011 16:29
miss_nikkala
Model
This member has been reset to pending

MAC or benifit for my i love the foundation playsticks amazing coverage and no shine to

Stripey is off-lineSilver Member
16 May 2011 16:33
Stripey
Model
Stripey
Essex
Hockley

I was using Clinique, but after trying Bobbi Brown's I am in LOVE with that.

16 May 2011 17:20
Eva_Giles
Model

Quote from Stripey
I was using Clinique, but after trying Bobbi Brown's I am in LOVE with that.

Same, I swore by clinique then I found bobbi brown.... The eye makeup is particularly amazing, it just does not move!
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

Stripey is off-lineSilver Member
16 May 2011 17:54
Stripey
Model
Stripey
Essex
Hockley

I know!
Absolutely fantastic, every item looks fantastic under bright lights and so far have had no issues what so ever.

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Livespirit pinklilly Winterlilly
AaronKent bengie guitarman Ladiesman MauricesImagery mlp panda49 Reynard Rhadamanthus