Reminder Secure

Models & Togs Please!

29 July 2011 14:50
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Alister
That might work for you but if I offered the same shoot to four models and then told three of them that they were then too slow to reply they'd rightly be JadedRed is a naughty person ed off with me.

That would be their problem. If i have a job i cant promise it to everyone who replies, just not possible, i dont see why a mail should be any different. But then maybe its just because i dont want photographers getting angry with me because i wasn't on call 24/7 and they didn't bother to book anyone else so its my fault they dont have a model.

29 July 2011 14:54
PUNKuate
Photographer

Quote from starr8
I think a simple no thanks is better then nothing at all. I have always tried to reply to everyone who contacts me.

I think just typing "no thanks" completely kills all chances of working together in the future. I'd consider that more rude than not getting a response, but I don't apply to castings anyway... so feel free to ignore me.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

29 July 2011 15:37
gin_and_tonic
Model

Quote from JadedRed
That would be their problem. If i have a job i cant promise it to everyone who replies, just not possible, i dont see why a mail should be any different. But then maybe its just because i dont want photographers getting angry with me because i wasn't on call 24/7 and they didn't bother to book anyone else so its my fault they dont have a model.

not sure if its the same thing Red

I advertised a job in the jobcenter and had over 450 replies
I was then informed by the jobcenter that I'm now obliged to reply to every applicant

(but that could just be the jobcenter being anal for all  I know) 

29 July 2011 15:42
JadedRed
Model

Quote from gin_and_tonic

I was then informed by the jobcenter that I'm now obliged to reply to every applicant

But you aren't obliged to give all of them the job are you? Most likely you will reply 'this position has been filled' like i said before.

That sounds JadedRed is a naughty person stupid though, i figure if they are on the dole then maybe they want you to get back so that the jobcentre can confirm they are looking for work, but if they aren't? I dont know, stupid.

29 July 2011 16:28
gin_and_tonic
Model

Yep thats what we thought,

stupid is not the word it took days to reply to every one

ICONIC :P is off-line
30 July 2011 10:55
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from gin_and_tonic
I have seen this subject come up before and the answer according to some photographers is: A) models get about five replies to a casting so it only takes 5 minutes to reply to them all. B) Photographers get about 1,000,000 replies to a TF* casting and 10,000,000 replies to a paid casting.

to be fair thought to my paid casting which i chose Iveta i had about 50 models contact me and mabee only 5 of them where what i had asked for in the casting but i still messaged them all and told them why
pissing purestorm off since 2009

30 July 2011 11:19
SerenDigital
Photographer

Quote from gin_and_tonic

Sounds like SerenDigital is a naughty person .  I applied for loads of jobs through the job centre (ones they told me I HAD to apply to otherwise they would stop my benefits) and I never got a reply from any of them.

Paul Hodson is off-line
30 July 2011 11:23
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from Iconic
..................i still messaged them all and told them why

That's above and beyond the call of duty. 

I would have simply said the casting was filled. If any were of interest for a future occasion of course I would have taken the chance to tell them so.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

5 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessicaliu1993
clarmike danwar jonnywoo
Charlottealom