Reminder Secure

Models & Togs Please!

18 March 2011 17:29
NatalieJayne
Model

How come when i dont reply to a tog that has replied to my casting i am called ignorant and rude... and yet i apply to castings i can see that you have read them but you havent bothered replying... yes i know this takes up your time... also takes up mine if i reply to say no... but the least you could do is let me know im not what your looking for!

29 July 2011 12:47
nadeylady
Model

I feel your frustration!! I replyed to a casting from a photographer who was fed up of being stood up by models or cancelled on. I replyed saying im sorry to hear you have had trouble, my pre shoot comms are great, never no-showed etc please feel free to ask for references blah de blah. NO REPLY!!! I thought that was very rude as he had complained and then couldnt be bothered replying just yay or nay!! xxx

29 July 2011 12:51
PUNKuate
Photographer

I don't reply, take no reply as an answer.
My name is "Lynn" or you can call me "Lynnie". Do NOT spell my name "Lynne" or I will smack you.

Kevin Waller is off-line
29 July 2011 12:56
Bigfish3311
Photographer
Bigfish3311
Hampshire
Farnborough

I feel that it is just as rude for a model as it is for a photographer not to reply. I try to always reply to castings but on one occasion when casting for a paid job i didi have a very large amount of responses making it difficult to reply to them all. The general opinion seems to be that a no reply means "not interested".
You can't be late until you show up

ICONIC :P is off-line
29 July 2011 12:57
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

so your complaining about people not replying to you when you dont reply? maybe if you replied people would reply more as people with higher reply statistics seem to get replied to more dont forget paying members can view these
pissing purestorm off since 2009

29 July 2011 12:58
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from PUNKuate
I don't reply, take no reply as an answer.

but why ? that is rude

29 July 2011 13:00
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Iconic
but why ? that is rude

Not really, demanding my time is kind of rude.

29 July 2011 13:04
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
Lincolnshire
Grimsby

Quote from JadedRed
Not really, demanding my time is kind of rude.

who is demanding your time if you put a casting out you are demanding others time so replying to them is only polite thats one of the major problems with people nower days absolutely no common courtesy

Paul Hodson is off-line
29 July 2011 13:13
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

I always reply.

Maybe, especially with casting calls, if you expect a large response you should state that no reply by a certain date means "No."

Because, in fairness, if a call is posted for particular date and you apply - how long do you keep the date free for?
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

29 July 2011 13:17
JadedRed
Model

Quote from Iconic
who is demanding your time if you put a casting out you are demanding others time so replying to them is only polite thats one of the major problems with people nower days absolutely no common courtesy

No I'm not, if i put out a casting i am offering an opportunity to those who are interested, there is no demand whatsoever, that you even think there is is strange. I find a bigger problem is people who cant even be bothered to spend time composing their messages in decent English, expecting me to use my time and effort to understand them instead.

16 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
chosin pinklilly SJH30
bogan browny7 dave_a Edphoto Fluffypup Hazy martinchristie paulj1980 photostevo redtail RenedeHaan sammylhel Steveh32