Reminder Secure

Search area could be improved ?

Jonathan is off-line
08 March 2011 13:02
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Nottinghamshire

It does not seem to allow for the selection of multiple areas at the same time (for example models in Nottinghamshire and Derbyshire etc).

If I am right, then this could be a very useful feature to add I would have thought.

Thanks as always.

Jonathan.
Relax, take it easy and float down-stream with the Sandy Camel

Paul Hodson is off-line
27 March 2011 09:14
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Yes - would be good. Would also be good to be able to search by distance and/or by town.

(Even better - if it could come up with train times and prices    Only joking. )
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

PJA Media is off-line
07 May 2011 18:29
PJAMedia
Photographer
PJAMedia
Strathclyde
Glasgow

I just came in here to suggest the same thing. Multiple selections on region would be excellent.

Here's another idea - what about grouping regions into countries. I.e. all Scottish regions in a Scotland country, all Welsh regions into a Wales country etc - so we can then search by country. I appreciate there is already a country selection in search criteria, but sometimes UK is too general and having the sub countries display under UK, so you can be more specific, would be nice.
PJA Media Website: http://www.pjamedia.com Model jobs on offer here: http://modelsearch.pjamedia.com

desyek is off-line
07 May 2011 18:32
desyek
Photographer
desyek
Mid Glamorgan

Quote from PJAMedia
I just came in here to suggest the same thing. Multiple selections on region would be excellent. Here's another idea - what about grouping regions into countries. I.e. all Scottish regions in a Scotland country, all Welsh regions into a Wales country etc - so we can then search by country. I appreciate there is already a country selection in search criteria, but sometimes UK is too general and having the sub countries display under UK, so you can be more specific, would be nice.

Big problem with that is the South of Wales is difficult to access by the North and vice versa. It's actually quicker to go all the way along the M4 from say Swansea, right up the M5 and M6 then across again than to go straight through the country.

Regions would be better - in the sense of South Wales, Mid Wales and North Wales.
Mr. Jelly! Mr. Jelly! Error at Address Number 6, Treacle Mine Road. Melon melon melon +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++ +++Whoops! Here comes the cheese! +++

G is off-line
07 May 2011 21:33
imageaware
Photographer
This member has been reset to pending
imageaware
Hertfordshire

I would like it if models were automatically told how far away from a location they are when they attempt to reply to a casting.

G.

TarMoo is off-line
08 May 2011 02:00
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Kent
Chatham

A search criteria of the number of days since they last logged in could help remove a lot of dormant accounts. MM has this feature. I would typically check only for models who have logged in during the last two weeks. It is a complete waste of time bringing back model profiles where the model has not logged in for the past few months.

Searching on multiple counties would be good too.
Q: How to make a small fortune from photography? A: Start with a large fortune.

Paul Hodson is off-line
08 May 2011 02:20
mph
Photographer
mph
Cheshire
Crewe

Quote from tarmoo
A search criteria of the number of days since they last logged in could help remove a lot of dormant accounts. MM has this feature. I would typically check only for models who have logged in during the last two weeks. It is a complete waste of time bringing back model profiles where the model has not logged in for the past few months. Searching on multiple counties would be good too.

Although, like you, I do tend to ignore models who have not logged in I suppose that as one can elect to get an email if there is a message, there is no need for them to log in regularly if they have enabled this feature.
Amateur - happy to do TF with models with potential and enthusiasm. Website: www.mphodson.co.uk

Jaw Imaging is off-lineSilver Member
08 May 2011 05:43
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

The region button is playing up again, if you try to select another region after searching another you have to deselect the uk button and reselect again to get the list to show.

I'd also like to see the latest log ins not be affected by membership status, if I'm looking to find someone who's online who I can mail for a last minute shoot, I'd prefer not to wade through platinum,gold and silver members who logged in three days ago.

John
Before digital, photography consisted of only negative comments.

B Summer is off-line
08 May 2011 06:22
thisisharmony
Photographer
thisisharmony
Northamptonshire
Northampton

Quote from Two_stops
The region button is playing up again, if you try to select another region after searching another you have to deselect the uk button and reselect again to get the list to show.

I'd also like to see the latest log ins not be affected by membership status, if I'm looking to find someone who's online who I can mail for a last minute shoot, I'd prefer not to wade through platinum,gold and silver members who logged in three days ago.

John

I always thought that this was one of the benefits which they pay for with their subscription, it's never been too much of an issue for me
"Failure is unimportant, it takes courage to make a fool out of yourself" - Charlie Chaplin

08 May 2011 06:28
celtic_iron
Photographer

I would like to see all the North Wales counties grouped into one. Wales on it's own would be no good, it's easier and quicker for me to get to the North West than to South Wales.

36 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
abbie_walters Batch chosin Jessicaliu1993 kinkykaycee Krystald Livespirit md2017
antoinewynn chriscooze cliffc Daddylonglense diphoto Don_Dark duncanjames Forest GerryS2 hantsphotographer Hioctane IanHighlander jake_istvan jeffers Kjoservices malcie mamamiya mattybox Mike103 mrdl Nunude Platidonio rscott360 siwalters stevegosh steveh32 swalsh58 Thunder_Photos