Reminder Secure

Exercise help needed!

06 March 2011 17:40
Serena
Model

Join CURVES. They are nationwide and suit any age and any stage of fitness. I've enjoyed their ladies own gym myself and ladies of 70+ have been which means they are easy on the joints but still 'work'. The circuit only takes 30 minutes but the machines cover all muscles areas.
Fun, friendly and experienced mature model with lively personality and youthful figure!

Gary is off-lineSilver Member
06 March 2011 18:11
gazhilla
Photographer
gazhilla
Lancashire
Lancaster

Incline walking on the treadmill, cycling, cross trainer. Light squats and leg press using knee wraps.. Cardio and some resistance training will help.
In fact , building the quadriceps and the hamstrings will cause a tightening of the connective tissues and more joint stability.
When I put my knee out wrestling, worst thing I did was stop squatting, became far worse. Physio told me to build back up as it stretched and tightened the connective tissue

09 March 2011 14:35
Loki_Winters
Model

Ohhh thanks for that. Im having a LOT of problems with my joints lately, still taking the dog for a walk but hurting lots when I get back.
Is it possible that some types of foods make this better/worse?
available in Glasgow 7th-9th December

09 March 2011 14:52
Mimi_C
Model
This member has been reset to pending

Quote from Loki_Winters
Ohhh thanks for that. Im having a LOT of problems with my joints lately, still taking the dog for a walk but hurting lots when I get back. Is it possible that some types of foods make this better/worse?

Really if you're joints are anything like mine changing your diet really wont make much of a difference. Everyone without a joint problem will tell you it will help.. but really when you're in pain everyday anyway changing your diet to foods you don't like for a tiny difference really isn't worth it.

Losing weight will help, don't think you need to as i love your figure... but any less weight on your joints will make a huge difference.

Get to your Doctors though and ask them to refer you to physio, they will give you exercises to help with your joints... i'm sure there is something they can give you for it aswell. I used to be on loads of stuff when i was little but this was for a multitude of problems.. i'll ask my mum tomorrow if there was anything in particular for  joints.

Also if your knees dislocate often, instead of putting them back in yourself... go to the hospital... the NHS will soon realise it's much cheaper to just fix the problem with surgery rather than keep putting your knees back in. I just found this out.. felt i should share.

Edition of You is off-line
09 March 2011 14:59
garymck
Photographer
garymck
London

Chris Harrison has a good diet regime have you asked him how he keeps his body in shape?

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Flobelob is off-line
09 March 2011 15:03
flobelob
Photographer

Tyne and Wear

Rowing machine might be a good idea, especially the ones that use 'proper' water and paddles in a tank. They are expensive to buy but some gyms and community facilities, if there are any left after Dave's cuts.

09 March 2011 15:10
Loki_Winters
Model

Thanks Mimi. I am actually quite heavy for my height, so I think I will try and lose some weight to see if it makes any difference.
My knees and hops dislocate - but not fully - and generally go straight back in but they have been doing it far more frequently and Ive been getting trapped nerves which are causing more pain than the dislocation itself. Think I will take a trip to the doctors and see what they say.

Gary - You're a mean mean man!

Russ - Ive tried rowing on a normal rowing machine in the past and as soon as I pushed back my knee popped out of joint, although I possible wasnt using it properly
available in Glasgow 7th-9th December

Gordee is off-line
08 April 2011 17:51
Gordee
Photographer
Gordee
Grampian
Aberdeen

If being double jointed is a problem, then pilates can be useful as it focuses on control of movement and targets the muscles that provide stability. Although finding a class can be difficult.

Swimming can be fine, but stay away from a breast-stroke kick as that often gives rise to knee problems if your ligaments are a bit loose.

20 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Kitty_1
ad360photo adimages ansonphotography BOBREEVES david1500 digitalmood ElegantCaptures Fashionphotography ignite Jobe Kiboko lenspoynter Rscott360 sjamesphotos skymouse stevegosh Stoker tricky881 Weeman5