Reminder Secure

Exercise help needed!

05 March 2011 12:22
Loki_Winters
Model

Ive decided this year I really need to get fit and in shape, in general I do very little exercise except walking my dog.
I need to keep in shape, especially if I am going to carry on nude modelling, and possibly going down the latex route.
I have problems with loose ligaments (double jointed) which means my joints have a tendency to pop out of their sockets and cause pain, so I really need help with what kinds of exercises I am able to do which will not cause these problems.

I have tried yoga etc in the past, but I think I really need to kick start my fitness and lose some weight before carrying on with that in order to stay in shape.

Please Help!!

emoticon
available in Glasgow 7th-9th December

05 March 2011 16:57
Loki_Winters
Model

Oh no, looks like Im destined to be a chubby hehe

Arielle Moon is off-line
05 March 2011 17:04
CassandraFreeman
Model
CassandraFreeman
West Sussex
Horsham

I do sit up to keep my stomach toned and also walks with the dogs. another good thing is walking up and down stairs its tedious but very good for your leg muscles.
My new website ^.^ : http://raspberryjammodel.com/

Jesfish is off-line
05 March 2011 17:07
jes
Model
jes
Suffolk
Lowestoft

Walking, running, swimming, cycling.

05 March 2011 17:16
Mimi_C
Model
This member has been reset to pending

I have the same joint problem, my knees pop out at the very least three times a week :|

Do not go running, just don't do it! It's hurting my knees and ankles just thinking about it.

Swimming + aquarobics,  this does not put any extra pressure on the joints, plus it's generally old ladies and they're lovely

Step plus on the wii but wear knee supports!  Actually all of wii fit is quite good and it doesn't feel like exercise 'cause it's fun.

05 March 2011 17:27
Loki_Winters
Model

Quote from Mimi_C
I have the same joint problem, my knees pop out at the very least three times a week :|

Do not go running, just don't do it! It's hurting my knees and ankles just thinking about it.

Swimming + aquarobics,  this does not put any extra pressure on the joints, plus it's generally old ladies and they're lovely

Step plus on the wii but wear knee supports!  Actually all of wii fit is quite good and it doesn't feel like exercise 'cause it's fun.

Thanks Mimi.
Yeah I now running is a bad idea, I tried it once before and couldnt walk for the following couple of days.
I think I will see if there are any aquarobics classes near where I live, and will get the wii fit back out  emoticon

Skymouse is off-lineGold Member
06 March 2011 12:18
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
London
London

Squats + Deadlifts.

But check first with an appropriate expert, as your hyperlaxity could be either a distinct advantage or a disadvantage for these exercises, and depending on the which of your articulations are affected and the way you execute the exercises, the movements could range from being more effective for you than for most people all the way to being a terrible injury risk.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho Marx.

06 March 2011 12:43
Loki_Winters
Model

Thanks.
Unfortunately I think I am the latter. At certain times by ligaments are worse, and during such times I can find it difficult to even walk up stairs, any kind of weight on my knees when bent can cause my knees to dislocate, and often results in trapped nerves also
In general my upper ligaments are stronger than those in my legs, so I may be able to do more upper body work, and probably swimming and possibly an exercise bike my my lower half.

Alice Rage is off-lineSilver Member
06 March 2011 13:15
Rage
Model
Rage
Glasgow
Airdrie

Oh god.
All this talk of exercise makes me tired. haha.

I think your best bet is to speak with a professional, they could sort out a regime for you that works for you body type and body issues. Dont start anything without contacting someone though - you dont want to cause more damage my sweet.

x
I am doll eyes. Doll mouth, doll legs. I am doll arms, big veins, dog bait I am doll parts. Bad skin, doll heart.

06 March 2011 16:42
BicycleRacer
Photographer

Cycle to the pool, swim then cycle home !

31 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 AmberBray Cody Jessicaliu1993 Pinklilly
abouncer antoinewynn davejarvis Don_Dark ellessephotography George99 guitarman gwentman jefflynne JohnDentonPhoto Kjoservices modelboutique Morgan_L paulq peteb poah psn riddell Rule_of_Thumb siclews soulc steveh32 Steveharratt Thunder_Photos TonyNutley xposed