Melanotan 2

This thread is being watched by 1 person
Faye is off-line
01 March 2011 17:47
Legs6891
Model
Legs6891
County Durham

I was wondering if anyone uses melanotan 2?? I ordered some 3 weeks ago off a website and it just arrived saterday. The melanotan itsellf was not a powder but more like a solid untill i mixed it with the water. Since injecting a couple days ago I have heard that someone is hopitalised with kidney failure due to using the same stuff off the net..

Has anyone heard anything like this before or is anyone taking it??  

Bryony Edwards is off-lineSilver Member
01 March 2011 17:59
bryonyphotography
Photographer
bryonyphotography
Derbyshire
Mansfield

You may want to read this article before you think about sticking yourself with unsterilised needles filled with unlicensed medicines again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/x-ray/sites/allarticles/updates/10p19_melanotan.shtml

Steve M is off-line
01 March 2011 18:07
TheShinyOne
Photographer
TheShinyOne
London

Are you asking if its a good idea to buy something by mail order and inject it into your body without really understanding what you are doing, or being aware of the risks involved ?

I live for the nights that I can't remember / with the people that I can't forget

Jenelle_James is off-line
01 March 2011 18:19
Jenelle_James
Model
Jenelle_James
Lancashire
BURNLEY

most models are sticking to spray tans which are more advisable than any of these injections, or just natural, i dont see why looking like an umpa lumpa is attractive, its not worth it the health risks are there and there for a reason

Faye is off-line
01 March 2011 18:21
Legs6891
Model
Legs6891
County Durham

After reading a lot of good reviews I thought it would be safer than sunbeds and less hassle than fake tan. I know a lot of people that have took it and they have all been fine and happy with the results so thought I'd give it a go.

No I was actually asking if anyone had heard of side affects that bad.

Monstersnowman is off-line
01 March 2011 18:45
monstersnowman
Photographer
monstersnowman
Lincolnshire

I dont think it needs saying really ... but injecting unlicensed 'stuff' into your body from some box shifter company run by some geezer you dont know .. just for a tan .. You really shouldn't do it, no matter how many convincing 'good reviews' you read from unknown and people almost certainly unqualified to verify the product's safety.
Lord forgive me for my forum sins ... the latest one is a biggy !!

Tathiel is off-line
03 March 2011 05:12
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Bristol
Bristol

You ordered it from the internet - just because the website has good reviews of the product doesn't mean it's safe. You have no real idea where it's come from or what has been into it. It's a risk not worth taking. A spray tan may be more hassle but it's surely worth more than jeopardising your health.

12 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bigjams jessicaliu1993 LauraSt missminiskirt
ElegantCaptures frankpht Gingers grahamsphotography michaelangelo rscott360 Steveh32 Thomsk