Reminder Secure

White hair?

25 February 2011 06:28
Quirkybutcute
Model

So I stripped the black out of my hair again last week which took my hair back to my natural colour of medium ish brown. Since then I have bleached it twice and its generally yellow with a few bits of gingerness at the back. I think that maybe after a third time I could lift this if I concentrated on the back as the second time I got it out of the front.

But my hair would still be a yellow blonde and not a white. I tried youtube and its not really clear and hasn't helped me thag much. How do I turn it to white, what toner should I use, what do I mix it with and how do I do it etc? Or would I need a white colourant? Would live xxl do the job?

If not then ill have to go a darker blonde, probably an ash colour to get rid of the redness. I don't really want to damage my hair much more but its still in good condition at the moment as I have conditioned it continuously.

I only have today to rectify it to darker blonde or white so please help!
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

Jessica Andrews is off-line
25 February 2011 06:36
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

You'll need a shampoo/toner with purple in it, I use a violet shampoo (L'Oreal Professionnel Serie Expert Silver Shampoo).

xx
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

25 February 2011 06:39
Quirkybutcute
Model

How much is that and where can I buy it from please?? Would it get rid of the orange?

Rhiannon Louise is off-line
25 February 2011 06:41
RhiannonLouise
Model

West Midlands
Willenhall

I use live colour and my hair is a nice platinum blonde/ white colour. I had some parts that were gingery colour aswell but i bleached it again and it's all the same colour now.
Try not to bleach the hair thats already bleached white as you can get breakage (a chemical haircut)
Use a silver/ purple shampoo and that should get rid of the brassy yellow tones.
Use loads of conditioner on bleached hair as it goes dry.

Hope that helps hun xx

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
25 February 2011 06:43
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

A lot of people user Stargazer white toner and its supposed to be really good. Keeping the roots in check will be a nightmare though if you do go for proper white.

You might be better using the product Jess said then getting caramel and ash blonde streaks. The more multi-tonal the blonde hair is, the less obvious the roots

25 February 2011 06:49
Quirkybutcute
Model

Thanks everyone for their input.

I've just had a really good thorough look at my hair in natural light and its safe to say I don't want to bleach it anymore. My roots are WHITE (I didn't do my roots the second time they went white on the first attempt) and the rest is either yellow or a lightish orange. Its too multi coloured for my liking.

It was only really to see if it suited me, but after the messing about I have had I've decided to go for a darker blonde or light brown that is less upkeep. How can I get from THIS multi coloured mess to a dark blonde? Would and ash colour balance it?

Sorry to mess you all about I didn't really notice the vast difference of the roots to ends until now!

25 February 2011 07:03
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I would go for a darker blonde (honey shade) and get a friend to help you apply it to ensure it's even.

Then I'd apply conditioner liberally as much as possible over the next day days.

Only then, making sure none of my hair was breaking off, would I add some lighter streaks (you can get those Garnier multilights kits in all shades) to give more lift to the colour.

In future, never strip/bleach your whole head of hair at home. I've done it many times before and it always spells disaster as you get so much patchiness.

Jessica Andrews is off-line
jess_andrews
Model
jess_andrews
Derbyshire
Derby

Quote from Quirkybutcute
How much is that and where can I buy it from please?? Would it get rid of the orange?

From the internet,it depends which site you buy it from but i got 1.5 litres for £17 including VAT and P&P.

Yes it worked for me, leave it on for about 2 minutes and wash it every other day.
˙ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ǝq oʇ ǝɹɐp

melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

*next few days

25 February 2011 07:07
Quirkybutcute
Model

I've looked at a few sites now and all suggest to go for an ash blonde to get rid of the multi tone, so I'm going to do that and maybe go for a darker ash blonde or a medium ash blonde rather than a light one. From then I may just highlight myself (I can highlight, would just seem I can't bleach), or gently go a shade lighter at a time.

Will update you all later...

10 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Bane711 Blancho George99 iestyn photofrank Platidonio sammylhel siclews Steveh32 viewphotographic