"The Scenario Game"

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
03 February 2011 14:46
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

Ok so, as we know, the forums are awash with 'this happened..what would you do?" posts. So why not compile them all in one thread?!

RULES:

* Post a basic outline of a possible scenario OR one that has actually happened to you or someone you know.
 * Ask 'What would you do?'
 * Next poster explains what their response to the scanario would be then adds their own.
  * It goes on. And on. And on. And on.

* If it is a real life happening, do NOT mention names!

MY SCENARIO

I correspond with a photographer  about  a shoot. We get on to the issue of location and it makes sense for me to meet him at his house so he can take me to the studio from there. After I've checked his refs (all excellent), he gives me his full name and address. I copy and paste it into google so I can see directions. ARGH the first result 'outs' him in a national newspaper's list of BNP members.

I do not agree with the views of the British National Party. Do I let politics interfere with shooting and cancel? Do I mention it to him?! Do I ignore it and get on with business?

What would you do?

Lifescapes is off-line
03 February 2011 15:28
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from melrobson02
Ok so, as we know, the forums are awash with 'this happened..what would you do?" posts. So why not compile them all in one thread?!

RULES:

* Post a basic outline of a possible scenario OR one that has actually happened to you or someone you know.
 * Ask 'What would you do?'
 * Next poster explains what their response to the scanario would be then adds their own.
  * It goes on. And on. And on. And on.

* If it is a real life happening, do NOT mention names!

MY SCENARIO

I correspond with a photographer  about  a shoot. We get on to the issue of location and it makes sense for me to meet him at his house so he can take me to the studio from there. After I've checked his refs (all excellent), he gives me his full name and address. I copy and paste it into google so I can see directions. ARGH the first result 'outs' him in a national newspaper's list of BNP members.

I do not agree with the views of the British National Party. Do I let politics interfere with shooting and cancel? Do I mention it to him?! Do I ignore it and get on with business?

What would you do?

The best shoots for me have always been the ones where I already have a good online relationship with the model. On the basis of what you've described I would be apprehensive that I would not have the right atmosphere to get the best out of the shoot. I would certainly seek more information and in all probability cancel..

Mine …

"You've a location shoot planned and the model is booked to come round at 8:00 am for an early start.  At 3:30 AM you get a text saying 'Could we put the shoot back an hour as the model's little sister (aged 15) has come home wasted and said model has only just got her to bed.  An extra hour in bed would help."

What would you do?
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

Melanie Lynn Robson is off-line
03 February 2011 15:46
melrobson02
Model
melrobson02
Tyne and Wear
Newcastle Upon Tyne

I may be far too much of a cynic but I would be inclined to think that said model had gone out on the lash and suddenly, worse for wear at silly o'clock, has realised she's going to look like a dog's dinner at 8am!

I think I'd give her the extra hour and hope that she'll turn up (provided you don't have later plans that an extra hour will interfere with) She might just surprise you!

Another..

I turn up for a paid shoot with a photographer around mid afternoon. I have travelled 30 miles by bus for the shoot, lugging a suitcase to boot, and I wait patiently at the meeting place, ready to go out on location when he arrives. He turns up looking flustered and explains that he's unable to shoot at present, something 'personal' has come up and he's going to have to rush. He's sorry and will book me again. It took months to get him to finalise the intial shoot plans. Do I pipe up that I'd like my travel reimbursed? Do I ask what the 'personal' thing is? Assume he chickened out and forget about money?

What would you do?

Simon Pole is off-line
03 February 2011 16:15
Simon_P
Photographer
Simon_P
Lothian
Livingston, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Perth

If you are a full time Model:
I think you should ask for all losses including fee as you have lost both travel costs and a days work.

If you are part time/hobby model.
Travel costs.
---
You are on a shoot with an agreed upper level of lingerie, though you do shoot art nude but only with select photographers.
The photographer asks you to model nude at a higher rate, as he has seen you have modelled nude with other photographers, but you don't really want to, and feel uncomfortable about being put on the spot.

What would you do?
We don't follow fashion, that would be a joke, You know we're gonna set them, set them. So everyone can take note, take note! - Adam Ant

Lifescapes is off-line
04 February 2011 09:18
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
Cumbria
Windermere

Quote from melrobson02
I may be far too much of a cynic but I would be inclined to think that said model had gone out on the lash and suddenly, worse for wear at silly o'clock, has realised she's going to look like a dog's dinner at 8am! I think I'd give her the extra hour and hope that she'll turn up (provided you don't have later plans that an extra hour will interfere with) She might just surprise you!  

This thread is no good without answers …

SO.  I did give her the extra hour and she turned up and did surprise me and it was genuine.  She was one of the most popular models on here last year and I had been waiting months to shoot so there was no way I was going to give up on her.  Turned out to be a fun, relaxed and productive shoot. emoticon
"It's very difficult to remain calm when you're listening to someone talk complete bollocks." Jeremy Paxman

04 February 2011 09:32
Eva_Giles
Model

Quote from Lifescapes
This thread is no good without answers …

SO.  I did give her the extra hour and she turned up and did surprise me and it was genuine.  She was one of the most popular models on here last year and I had been waiting months to shoot so there was no way I was going to give up on her.  Turned out to be a fun, relaxed and productive shoot. emoticon

so what happens now??? what do i answer?

I'm dating someone and they bring me to meet the parents. I walk in and everyone is naked, they are all proud nudists and want me to also get naked. Do I strip in front of the future inlaws or leave and ruin the brilliant relationship?
Eva
Working upto lingerie at £15p/h.

Choj is off-line
04 February 2011 09:55
Zeitgeist
Photographer
Zeitgeist
West Yorkshire
Leeds

Quote from Eva_Giles
so what happens now??? what do i answer?

I'm dating someone and they bring me to meet the parents. I walk in and everyone is naked, they are all proud nudists and want me to also get naked. Do I strip in front of the future inlaws or leave and ruin the brilliant relationship?
Eva

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...

My scenario: you've booked a shoot with a model who has a bit of a reputation, to say the least. You then see for yourself that they post racist, bigotted remarks in a public forum, and have reason to believe they're spreading malicious romours about someone you know. You generally like to make your own mind about people, and want to give them the benefit of the doubt, after all there's no real evidence (about the rumours), just speculation. Would you cancel the shoot?

33 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Ebbrell1991 Liammcilroy1 Olivia75 Stephieb27 Winterlilly
ad360photo bradder Bristoltalent ChrisNewton david1500 donaldmac dorrian duncanpritchard geoffmarchant Grahampics Jackalltog Jamesrichards Jan77 JOOPninja kaosrox kimsandman2 Ladiesman LGI Lssm2 Markavenell mikehemmings Photokirk1 Platidonio skymouse stevebenson two_stops Willjamieson Willy_O