Reminder Secure

the right weight?

Liza is off-line
30 January 2011 10:21
lizaprideaux
Model

Devon
Barnstaple

hey guys i just want to know everyones opinion on what weight i should be, i have recently lost two stone but still need to lose weight, im 5'6 what is my ideal weight? i am currently 9stone 10 x thanks if anyone is about my height and think they are the right weight could you let me know how much you weigh x

30 January 2011 10:24
Neil_Whiteley
Photographer
This member has been suspended
This member has been reset to pending

You're within the normal weight range for your height.
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others. (Groucho Marx)

Liza is off-line
30 January 2011 10:48
lizaprideaux
Model

Devon
Barnstaple

i would just like to know how much i need to lose to achieve a flat stomach to give me a bit of confidence when im doing shoots

kev20007 is off-line
30 January 2011 10:56
kev20007
Photographer

Mid Glamorgan
Llantrisant

its not so much what you loose, its about toning the body, to what you feel is right for you, the middle is the last part to loose it,

hope this helps a little

Tathiel is off-line
30 January 2011 10:57
Tathiel
Model
Tathiel
Bristol
Bristol

Are you doing any stomach exercises to tone your stomach. This will flatten your tummy.

30 January 2011 11:04
Jody_Maginnis
Model

Im about the same height as you, But there is one thing i rarley do and thats weigh myself. The only time i know my weight is when im at the doctors.

Try not to focus to much on weighing yourself, All women come in different shapes and sizes even if they are the same height

looking at your images i think your very beautiful and have fantastic figure, that most women would envy.

30 January 2011 11:09
TheBuckfastKid
Photographer
This member has been suspended

Quote from lizaprideaux
hey guys i just want to know everyones opinion on what weight i should be, i have recently lost two stone but still need to lose weight, im 5'6 what is my ideal weight? i am currently 9stone 10 x thanks if anyone is about my height and think they are the right weight could you let me know how much you weigh x

You certainly don't look like you are far off.

Generally, most photographers go by the NG Scale to measure weight and obesity. The more it makes (or is likely to make) Nick Giles vomit, the more overweight the "moddil" tends to be.

A camera is just a box, any image it produces emanates from the eye and mind of it's operator. Some people should have those eyes gouged out

30 January 2011 11:13
Dannsair
Model

Just check your BMI and you will know from that if you are underweight, the right weight or overweight.
Your doctor/nurse can tell you your BMI but no doubt there will be a way of checking it online.
Beauty is within the eye of the beholder!

Liza is off-line
30 January 2011 11:15
lizaprideaux
Model

Devon
Barnstaple

thanks for the replys everyone, i do pole dancing once a week maybe i should up the sit ups ect! il give it a try, thankyou!

30 January 2011 11:29
Tidal_Kitten
Model

Quote from Dannsair
Just check your BMI and you will know from that if you are underweight, the right weight or overweight. Your doctor/nurse can tell you your BMI but no doubt there will be a way of checking it online.

BMI is rubbish for the most part. Relying solely on this is NOT a good idea.

When i was competing heavily in TKD events i was technically underweight as by their measurements (via both BMI calipers or the electro resistant thingies) i had 10% body fat. I got checked properly by my family sports doc and was actually at 16% but weighed almost 65kg (10 stone). At the moment my body fat % is 23 and i'm 56kg (8 stone . I used some fat calipers out of morbid curiosity and technically i'm obese! LOL! so that BMI stuff isn't really something to swear by.

A pound of fat and a pound of muscle still are a pound, no?

If you exert yourself more than the sum of what you consume per day, this will help in reducing general fat over your body. You cannot work out specific places. Sure you can tone your tummy by way of abdominal exercies but you won't really see it till you reduce your entire overall body fat %.
More than just Kibbles and Bits

24 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
amber6 Astramore fashion29 SuzyMonty tanyacox
63jian Add_barkaway chicimages dby47 diphoto djb1 fannmore firststudiouk frankpht Impulse_Images jackw johndt Ladiesman peteb philcarpenter61 SteveMFT STUDIOMERLIN xcellent
Charlottealom