Reminder Secure

pale skin

This thread is being watched by 1 person
18 January 2011 21:06
rattusratus
Model

i was wondering if anyone knows of any affordable/cheap brands that do lighter colored foundations i have very pale skin (due to a medical condition) and i find even average light pale shades make me look orange, i have been told about illamasqua but it seem quite expensive so its not really an option (im looking for something i can use to mess around with practicing looks), my friends and mam keep lending me there color match foundations but they still seem too dark, i used to use concealer because it blended well to my skin but its not really good for my skin as it blocked my pores quite badly, any ideas or advice would be nice?
ratsx
300 men have died in lincoln county in the last 3 years...... but what you must remember is i did not shoot them all

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 January 2011 02:30
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

The shade of your skin will be unique to you, I have 2 different shades I use on my skin - 1 for winter and 1 for the summer.
I use maxfactor colour adapt foundation in creamy ivory in the summer and Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect (cant remember the colour but its the lightest shade there is on the shelf) in the winter. Thats a bit of a lie at the moment because a MUA I worked with a couple of months ago had a fantastic match for my skin of foundation and gave me some in a clear bottle to take away with me which is perfect for photographic foundation but I don't know the brand and its not available on the shelfs so chances are its over your budget. I also used to use the body shops lightest shade which was pretty pale.

Best thing to do though (its what I do all the time) is go into boots, ask someone or do a sample on every brand of every foundation they have. They are always releasing new ones. Boots also do the 3 for 2 deals regularly which saves you a fair bit, I tend to stock up so I always have more than enough and when I get down to half a bottle I stock up again. Also with boots you get advantage card points so if you save up all year you can treat yourself at Christmas.. This year I had about £60 in points alone to spend.

Like I said though best to test on your skin to see how well they match. I have never managed to find a foundation under £10 in a pale enough colour for my skin so expect to pay about £30 for your 3 products.

19 January 2011 02:43
Quirkybutcute
Model

Not sure how pale exactly your skin is but I'm pretty pale and I use maybellines dream matte mousse for everyday foundation. I think the one I use is sand all year round as I tend to avoid the summer sun.
*La la la la la, I can't hear you.*

Jaye  is off-line
19 January 2011 02:48
jessicard
Model
This member has been reset to pending
jessicard
Vale of Glamorgan
Cardiff

Quote from Quirkybutcute
Not sure how pale exactly your skin is but I'm pretty pale and I use maybellines dream matte mousse for everyday foundation. I think the one I use is sand all year round as I tend to avoid the summer sun.

Me too! It's really good -- goes on so nicely and you hardly feel like you are wearing anything! 
http://jayerose.tumblr.com/

Tiina  is off-line
19 January 2011 03:07
tiinak
Model
tiinak
California
San Diego

Quote from jessicard

Me too! It's really good -- goes on so nicely and you hardly feel like you are wearing anything! 

Me too emoticon
"live your dream, don't dream your life" x

19 January 2011 03:47
Loki_Winters
Model

I have really pale and sensitive skin so in general I have to go for the more expensive brands but I think they are worth the money.
I use Clinique and Benefit, but looking into getting some Illamasqua.
To be honest if you're going to put up the money and try something expensive, go to fenwicks and get them to do you a mini makeover so you can see the colour and quality
available in Glasgow 7th-9th December

June Long is off-line
19 January 2011 09:59
junelong
Make-up Artist
junelong
Glasgow

You should check out Superdrug Collection 2000-cant remember the name of their lightest shade, but it was pretty pale. It has quite a heavy coverage, but you can sheer it down with a bit of moisturiser if it is too heavy for you. I'm pretty sure it is under £3.00, so won't break the bank :-) -worth a try.
June xx

19 January 2011 10:03
AndromedaX
Model

The Illamasqua foundation is good but not ideal if you have dry skin; you would need to moisturise thoroughly beforehand with something good to avoid your skin looking flaky and the foundation appearing patchy...
***RETIREDed***

Chrissie Red is off-line
19 January 2011 10:09
Chrissie_Red
Model
Chrissie_Red
Tayside
Perthshire

Quote from junelong
You should check out Superdrug Collection 2000-cant remember the name of their lightest shade, but it was pretty pale. It has quite a heavy coverage, but you can sheer it down with a bit of moisturiser if it is too heavy for you. I'm pretty sure it is under £3.00, so won't break the bank :-) -worth a try. June xx

Ohh Thats the magical makeup artist who gave me some foundation.. I didn't know you were on purestorm June, nice to see you here <3 
Think Rory is e-mailing you tonight with a link to everything again this time the link will actually work <3 x

19 January 2011 10:36
BaileyK
Model

Benefit

22 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Jessica_Knight JessicaAnnahModel kaysy Kitty_1
Argentiq david1500 gordon kinofist kizer michael_cameraman moritz78 nemesis paddyg panda49 peteb Platidonio redbaron siclews steveh32 Stevew1 swalsh58 tms