Reminder Secure

Calf muscles!

14 January 2011 10:59
AndromedaX
Model

I've recently started doing several aerobics classes a week, and (as has always been the case when I do anything like this) I am getting huge bulging calf muscles!!  Despite all the parts of my body which DO need toning up, my calves were already in pretty good shape but are getting chunkier and chunkier now emoticon

So: is there anything I can do to avoid this, or am I just destined to have stocky legs??

emoticon
***RETIREDed***

Pete Whelan is off-line
14 January 2011 11:29
vipimages
Photographer
vipimages
Merseyside
Wirral

do your legs look like they are on upside down?
www.vipimages.co.uk www.vipstudios.co.uk

14 January 2011 11:42
AndromedaX
Model

No, but they are starting to look like they belong on a Rugby player or a bicycle courier though...

emoticon
***RETIREDed***

14 January 2011 19:51
laurenlangley
Model

I have the opposite problem-muscular thighs but calves dont respond to exercise.They tend to be on the thin side and I really have to work to get them bigger.
I couldn't give a ha'penny jizz for your´╗┐ Internet-assembled philosophy

PSN is off-line
14 January 2011 19:54
psn
Photographer

South Yorkshire
Doncaster

wear trousers

Misty is off-line
14 January 2011 19:54
misty_model
Model
misty_model
Merseyside
Wirral

Sorry Andromeda, I'm normally the lass to ask about this kind of shizzle being a crazy sporty lady, but I don't have a clue about this one, except train your thighs big to match!! Lol try asking Catherine Williams maybe, she's clued up bout her muscley stuff
UK wide petite, flexible, professional dancer/model working to nude levels

Catherine is off-lineSilver Member
14 January 2011 20:11
catherinewilliams
Model
catherinewilliams
West Midlands
Ross-on-wye

I'm not qualified Misty ,lol I was just going to suggest the same thing. Maybe ask the new lady Mia.Trying to get my thights more defined as my calfs are very skinny.
I once spent a weekend in Bath, with ass-kicking mum of 8 Miss Cath. No offence to this mummy, the play-fighting was funny. But now I might need an Osteopath! by Laya Randle-Conde

15 January 2011 07:12
AndromedaX
Model

Quote from misty_model
Sorry Andromeda, I'm normally the lass to ask about this kind of shizzle being a crazy sporty lady, but I don't have a clue about this one, except train your thighs big to match!! Lol try asking Catherine Williams maybe, she's clued up bout her muscley stuff

haha!  I don't want my thighs to match though - I'm only 5' 2" and it would look wrong! 

***RETIREDed***

Gary is off-lineSilver Member
15 January 2011 07:21
gazhilla
Photographer
gazhilla
Lancashire
Lancaster

Calves are a very genetic muscle, i.e. you either get them or you don't... Most ladies who wear heels have good shaped calves due to the constant tension on the calf muscle..
Walking flat footed and doing calf stretches on a step can help elongate the gastroc muscle and give a more pleasing shape but sometimes they are just stubborn and grow...
I find that shapely calves on a woman with slender ankles is extremely pleasing...Walking in bare feet as much as possible will reduce the workload on calf muscles...
I have the same problem with my quadraceps, when I was heavily into my bodybuilding my legs overshadowed my top half, I stopped training them but found that even going on the exercise bike whilst cutting made them grow... Stupid genetics.
Send me a pm Liz and will see if there are any other stretches I can recommend. Was a REPS qualified personal trainer for a while as well as a powerlifter and bodybuilder..

15 January 2011 07:22
Tidal_Kitten
Model

It'll be down to genetics, as a result your calf muscles seem to be a lot more responsive to toning up than the rest of your legs.
More than just Kibbles and Bits

18 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
alishaa missminiskirt OlgaCabaeva rob452
apogeeimages chandos donaldmac grahamsphotography IanHighlander john_at_tina_spice Kjoservices MIB nvidia pcmphotography peterashuk simpleharmonicmotion Willjamieson zzdigital