Reminder Secure

This is a rant regarding ignorance

Sian Jeffries-Jones is off-line
01 January 2011 15:20
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

Cowardly photographers are they a large occurence on here, I verystupidly emailed one from a casting on here and have just been lambastedand quite unfairly, I try to respond to the criticisms but the bravelittle soul has blocked me from contacting him

Apparently I'm nota MUA i'm a bodypainter - what because I have two things in my portshowing this work (an arm and a face) and because I didn't tell himanything about me I need to raise my game - does he not know how to reada profile - I read his to find out what I need to know, he needssomeone in Manchester so I applied telling him I was in Manchester -next time I shall submit DNA, fingerprints and an Xray

I don'tmind criticism when it is constructive, I also like the opportunity tostand up for myself but obviously this person is too cowardly andchildish to have a proper discussion - and yes I know venting on theforum is not necessarily the most mature stance to take but I'm fed upbeing treated like crap by photographers on here, the casting wasn'teven paid so its me that would end up out of pocket (again)

andto the photographer in question don't be so rude to people you arroganttwat, you could have asked why I haven't put work up since 2009 - whichif you look and digest you'll see is incorrect anyway.  I am studying for a degree,I am a mother, I also work and take care of my disabled mother  and to do all of this I have to commute between Manchester, Bradford, Rotherham and Market Rasen but heyyou go ahead and make assumptions and as for digesting your work I wentback and had another look but really looking at your images I could be a bitch and say they're s**t but that would just be unfair, they're not bad, slightly contrived i've seen them 100 times before and will probably see them 100 times again but that's just your style.  I guess if it works for you run with it afterall people like the familiar rather than originality.

God forbid whilst I actuallyhave some spare time before uni starts that I should try and work withother people in order to broaden my experience.  If you don't like mypublic answer to you - TOUGH - you blocked me.

Apologies to everyone else on here for this but its unfair to be attacked and not have the opportunity to defend oneself

Sian
www.artistedemaquillage.com www.locksofdesire.com

01 January 2011 15:24
Foundation
Photographer

name and shame

01 January 2011 15:28
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

No I wouldn't do that - I really just needed to get it off my chest and in defence of the majority of togs on here everyone I've had dealings with has been pleasant.

01 January 2011 15:34
jdtate101
Photographer

His loss...your work is fab.
www.jamestatephotography.co.uk www.vimeo.com/jdtate101

01 January 2011 15:36
makeup
Make-up Artist

South Yorkshire

thank you emoticon

Claire Shipman is off-line
02 January 2011 07:31
ClaireShipman
Make-up Artist
This member has been reset to pending
ClaireShipman
Nottinghamshire
Nottingham

Quote from Foundation
name and shame

Take a look in the castings, I think its pretty obvious who it is emoticon

Karen Hegarty is off-line
02 January 2011 07:42
simplydivine
Make-up Artist
simplydivine
Cheshire

Quote from ClaireShipman
Take a look in the castings, I think its pretty obvious who it is emoticon

Ye doesn't take Shelock Holmes lol............

Christian Scott is off-lineSilver Member
02 January 2011 07:47
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianScott
Merseyside
Wallasey

hahaha

pinkybaz is off-line
14 February 2011 10:29
pinkybaz
Make-up Artist

West Yorkshire

Here Here, not some nice people around but I have been critisied before and yes it hurts but karma that is the best form of revenge. People are rude and love to put people down but rise above it, it is hard but they have the problem

29 Users currently online   Blue=Models Orange=Photographers Red=Agencies Purple=MUA/Stylists Grey=Studios Green=Moderators
Danielamoreno1975 daniwhittaker freya12c Jamie32E sifx sxckitty
ansonphotography BobWright Cheshunt83 clarmike dby47 ElegantCaptures fannmore flair_photography j12345s mlp modelboutique ownimage panda49 peterh PJAPhotography redbaron rscott360 steveh32 Steveharratt swalsh58 Thunder_Photos TinDolls Willjamieson